BF4 FPS lag on lowest possible settings...

Blbabs
Go to solution Solved by Titanicium,

Welcome to BF4 problems :) It's like aids: You won't get rid of them :mellow:

On a more serious note: Try updating the pb files and keep the resolution at 1080P while lowering the settings (as mentioned above). If this doesn't work, you can also try to uninstall and reinstall the game, try a different connection between your GPU and monitor, check that your GPU doesn't have a bad OC and update drivers.

Good luck :)

how did you have your old monitor hooked up to your GPU HDMI? DVI? VGA?

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

It's definitely the game. I should be able to play the game on ultra too. Regardless the settings i use, i get constant fps drops and stuttering which makes the game unplayable.

oh and update your pb files. That could help you.

• CPU i5 3570k - 4.0 Ghz | Motherboard Intel DZ77SL50K | RAM Corsair Vengeance 4GB 1600 BUS DDR3 4GBx1 | GPU 2x Sparkle GTX 570 OC editionCase CM 370 EliteStorage Seagate 1TB 3.5" SATA HARD DRIVE 64MB CACHEPSU Cooler Master GX series 550W (80+ bronze)Display(s) Samsung 46' series 5 TV(1080p), Dell 20' (1280x1024)Cooling 3x Corsair SP120 QUIET EDITION HIGH STATIC PRESSURE 120MM FAN TWIN PACKKeyboard DELL original default keyboardMouse A4 Tech x2 800dpi | Sound On board~!

On a more serious note: Try updating the pb files and keep the resolution at 1080P while lowering the settings (as mentioned above). If this doesn't work, you can also try to uninstall and reinstall the game, try a different connection between your GPU and monitor, check that your GPU doesn't have a bad OC and update drivers.

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

Have you tried any other games?

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

Have you tried keeping res at 1920x1080 and lowering settings?

Yes, and It still lags very bad.

how did you have your old monitor hooked up to your GPU HDMI? DVI? VGA?

I had it hooked up through HDMI, I just connected through DVI-D and it made a huge difference [:o]

It's definitely the game. I should be able to play the game on ultra too. Regardless the settings i use, i get constant fps drops and stuttering which makes the game unplayable.

oh and update your pb files. That could help you.

How do you update them? I tried going to the punkbuster website and the program I downloaded from there told me that I had the latest version.

I just connected through DVI-D and it made a huge difference :o

Have you tried any other games?

I tried Assassins Creed: Black Flag and there wasn't much lag

Well.... connecting through DVI-D instead of HDMI seems to have helped a lot. I think that's the end of this, Thanks everyone who replied. :)

Yes, and It still lags very bad.

I had it hooked up through HDMI

How do you update them? I tried going to the punkbuster website and the program I downloaded from there told me that I had the latest version.

I just connected through DVI-D and it made a huge difference :o

I tried Assassins Creed: Black Flag and there wasn't much lag

Well.... connecting through DVI-D instead of HDMI seems to have helped a lot. I think that's the end of this, Thanks everyone who replied. :)

yep and that's what i though it may be, i'm glad that you got it fixed!  :)

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

HDMI is like TN... It should burn on a fire :)

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

Well if you have the latest pb setup then open that setup, click on add game if battlefield 4 is not already added. Add bf4 and click on check of updates. Your bf4's pb files will be updated. 

BUT for this you need to have the latest pb setup if you have any of the previous versions you won't find battlefield 4 in the add game list which is provided in the setup.

• CPU i5 3570k - 4.0 Ghz | Motherboard Intel DZ77SL50K | RAM Corsair Vengeance 4GB 1600 BUS DDR3 4GBx1 | GPU 2x Sparkle GTX 570 OC editionCase CM 370 EliteStorage Seagate 1TB 3.5" SATA HARD DRIVE 64MB CACHEPSU Cooler Master GX series 550W (80+ bronze)Display(s) Samsung 46' series 5 TV(1080p), Dell 20' (1280x1024)Cooling 3x Corsair SP120 QUIET EDITION HIGH STATIC PRESSURE 120MM FAN TWIN PACKKeyboard DELL original default keyboardMouse A4 Tech x2 800dpi | Sound On board~!