Can't boot to M.2 NVME SSD

Ryquan

So I just got a crucial p1 500gb nvme m.2 ssd for my lenovo d30 4223 to replace my failed drive. Since the motherboard doesn't have a m.2 slot I bought a pcie 4x to m.2 card. It wasn't until I started to install windows that I realized that the motherboard doesn't by default support booting from a m.2 nvme drive. I was wondering if there is anyway for me to bypass this, to install windows. I seen forums where people have created modded bios's to bypass this restriction, but I haven't been able to find a modded bios and lack the skills to mod one myself. Any help would be appreciated.

Specs:

Cpus: 2x Intel xeon e5 2660

motherboard: It doesn't have a model number that I can find, but it comes with the lenovo d30 4223

ram: 64 gb ecc 1333 ddr3

gpus: amd rx 580, nvidia gtx 470

storage: crucial p1 500gb sdd, 4x 1tb wd black RAID 10

psu: delta electronics 1100 watt 80+ gold

Bootable M.2 NVME is officially supported since Z97 or newer. 

Since you run older hardware you may need to modify your BIOS. There are guides online on how to do it and it's a bit tedious process but not all motherboards can do it yourself step by step. Worth giving it a try if you can spare the time. 

https://www.win-raid.com/t871f50-Guide-How-to-get-full-NVMe-support-for-all-Systems-with-an-AMI-UEFI-BIOS.html