MSI MEG Z390 Godlike - Thank You

GMart84

So after much research and searching around I have managed to acquire a MSI MEG Z390 Godlike MB.  I had narrowed it down to a Gigabyte Aorus Extreme or the MSI and it just so happened that the Micro Center in Westmont,IL had a customer return listed at $450.  While its VRM probably isn't as good as the Gigabyte, I have read a lot of good things about it and decided while I was there to get it.  Going back to work for the rest of the day was hard as I had a shiny new toy waiting to be set up sitting next to me, it was 15 degrees outside and I thought that wouldn't be a good place to leave it.

First I want to thank those members of the community that helped me with suggestions and answering my questions I had as I am moving away from Asus for the first time in a while.  Right after work I shot home the drive felt like it took forever and ran in the house ready to tear apart my machine to put this in.  I open the box and find disappointment.  Whomever had purchased this and returned it had bent pins on a few of the jumpers and USB headers, and when I opened the CPU socket there were two places along the edge where there was thermal paste actually making contact with the pins.  Sadness seeped in as I was thinking I was going to have to go back to the drawing board waiting for another crazy deal to come along.  Anger and frustration soon followed as the box had a tested sticker on it and there is no way this thing even came out of the box.  So I call the Micro Center and after less than 5 minutes was on the phone with the manager.  While I explained the situation I could hear clicking in the background as she looked up my purchase and everything.  When I finished she profusely apologize and said that if I came back tonight she would provide some compensation for the mistake as her techs were not the testers and clearly a mistake was made.

So figuring I was going to show up and get a gift card or something for my trouble I jumped in the car and drove the hour back to the store to return it.  The manager was called to the front as soon as I got there and inspected the damage.  She was appalled that the Motherboard was in that condition and spent a few minutes apologizing for the mistake.  As I was not expecting anything more than like a $25 gift card for my trouble my mouth dropped when she took a brand new MSI Godlike out from the back room and told her customer service rep to do an exchange.  She turned to me and said, "Will that suffice?"  I stared at her for a minute thinking I was being punked then the rep processed my exchange and said they hoped I enjoyed the board.

Long way of saying Thank You to the folks at the Micro Center for understanding why we as PC Enthusiasts do things and standing by the shopping experience there.

IMG_0573.thumb.jpg.042a4fb0d1fead85c15b576371a19237.jpg

So now I have my brand new toy to play with and am hoping the MSI bios is easy to learn.

IMG_0571.thumb.jpg.2ccc2a8574201a38c6388c81d18f8d00.jpg

IMG_0572.jpg

BLACK and BLUE Build

i9-9900K - 5.2 Ghz @ 1.305 vCore, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (@ 3200 Mhz), Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Extreme, EVGA RTX 2080Ti XC Ultra, Samsung 970 Pro, Samsung 970 EVO, Dual Custom Loop Cooling, Thermaltake Tower 900, AX1500i

VR Build

i7-8700K - 5.1 Ghz @ 1.36 vCore, 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB (@ 3200 Mhz), Asus Maximus X Hero (Wi Fi ac), 2x EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC Black Edition, Toshiba NVME, Custom Loop Cooling, Thermaltake Core P5, HX1000i

FreeNAS Server Build

Pentium G5400, 8 GB Kingston HyperX Fury (@ 2400 MHz), Asrock H370M-ITX/ac, Intel 320 System SSD, 4x Hitachi 7200K 4 TB HDD, Thermaltake TR2 650W, Cooler Master Master Liquid Lite 120, Bit Fenix Prodigy

Daughter's First BuildCore i3-6100, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX (@ 2133 MHz), Asrock H270M-ITX/ac, XFX RX-580 GTS, Custom Watercooling (Both CPU and GPU) 2x Corsair Force LS, PowerSpec 550w, NZXT H200i

@Shimejii Thanks and yeah I am stoked about the board.  I think this is the first time I have read the manual of a Motherboard.  It cleared up some questions I already had on the bios.  I am going to have to find things but I am sure they are in reasonable places.  I also just realized that I forgot more thermal paste.  I am gonna have to get more tomorrow.

BLACK and BLUE Build

i9-9900K - 5.2 Ghz @ 1.305 vCore, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (@ 3200 Mhz), Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Extreme, EVGA RTX 2080Ti XC Ultra, Samsung 970 Pro, Samsung 970 EVO, Dual Custom Loop Cooling, Thermaltake Tower 900, AX1500i

VR Build

i7-8700K - 5.1 Ghz @ 1.36 vCore, 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB (@ 3200 Mhz), Asus Maximus X Hero (Wi Fi ac), 2x EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC Black Edition, Toshiba NVME, Custom Loop Cooling, Thermaltake Core P5, HX1000i

FreeNAS Server Build

Pentium G5400, 8 GB Kingston HyperX Fury (@ 2400 MHz), Asrock H370M-ITX/ac, Intel 320 System SSD, 4x Hitachi 7200K 4 TB HDD, Thermaltake TR2 650W, Cooler Master Master Liquid Lite 120, Bit Fenix Prodigy

Daughter's First BuildCore i3-6100, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX (@ 2133 MHz), Asrock H270M-ITX/ac, XFX RX-580 GTS, Custom Watercooling (Both CPU and GPU) 2x Corsair Force LS, PowerSpec 550w, NZXT H200i