(UPDATED - Claim has been removed) The Linux Gamer's response video to LTT got claimed by Fullscreen

Ashley MLP Fangirl
Go to solution Solved by LinusTech,
1 hour ago, Spotty said:

You seem to be misinformed. There's a HUGE difference between a copyright claim and a takedown notice resulting in a copyright strike.

Copyright claims, which is what has happened here to The Linux Gamer are often an automatic process where Content ID detects that a portion of your copyrighted content has appeared in another video on Youtube, and will issue a copyright claim on the video. The video remains public and viewable by the viewers, however any ad revenue generated by the video may be redirected to the original copyright holder. There's no punishment for the channel when a copyright claim is made against them, they will just lose the revenue for the video.

Copyright strikes or takedown notices, which is what The Verge did, are when they manually issue a legal notice that a video is infringing on their copyright and that they demand the video be removed from the platform. The channel will then receive a copyright strike against their channel which comes with punishments for the channel, such as losing their ability to live stream or perhaps no longer being 'recommended' or promoted in the search results or feed which can severely hurt the channels traffic and views. If they are issued with multiple copyright strikes, their channel can be removed completely.

(snip) 

This is an excellent explanation of how these things work. 

I'd like to add that as long as the creator who gets the automated claim disputes it in a timely manner, there is no lost revenue during the period while it was "claimed". 

I've been down at IBM Think for the last couple of days and this thread is the first I'm hearing of this issue.. Aaaand it's already resolved. 

So, as far as I can tell, everything is working as it should...ish

We have noticed a significant uptick in copyright claims in the last couple of weeks, though, with some of them being in really really old content which suggests youtube has made some kind of change to ContentID and we've been trying to figure out how to address it.

We are generally pretty supportive of the creation of derivative works by our community and we want to make sure that they aren't being algorithmically claimed, but this change has caused other issues for us too. I woke up the other morning to a handful of claims made against Tech Quickie by LTT... Can't have that. 

I'm sure this will be resolved, but it's probably going to take some time for youtube to get their crap in order, as usual. 

11 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

while i go watch this, have you considered the other side of the story?

The other side of the Story is:
Someone you don't like sits in the Audience and does nothing (maybe "agressively" smiles/laughs/smirks), you attack him verbally for his existance/beeing there.

He hasn't done a video about you in years (well, more or less, at least on the main channel).

The "other Side" of the Story is a Video about our all favorite, not very Slim man:
Boogie2988, who is know as a person, who tends to be a very mildly mannered and agreeable person, who was on a panel with you. And he dares to claim that Men can be victims too and that that Harassment is not necessarily a female problem. And you shout and screem at him for daring to disagreeing with you and telling people that "white cis males" can be victims too.

Just input "Boogie2988 Anita" and you find a couple of Videos about the "other Side".

At this point:

pls avoid Politics, don't go too much into it. Its just awful, depressing, bad.

Everything you don't want to.

And there isn't too much hope for whatever reason...

12 hours ago, leadeater said:

I blame the timing of all this, as in a blame Vox and The Verge. This would have been a non event a week or so ago, people are jumping to this assumption due to the recent case in which a copyright strike was issued to take down videos. I honestly believe that is the only reason people are pitchforking right now, because they don't understand the Youtube copyright systems and they have a recent event to draw from and assuming it's the same situation.

Yeah, that's one part of it.

But the EU stuff might also cause people to panic.

And there was also the extotion Copyright shit going on on Youtube as well.

While I agree that Verge plays a big part, it wasn't just them...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

On 2/15/2019 at 2:29 PM, rcmaehl said:

It is a Multi Channel Network or MCN. Here's a brief summary of what they do by The Game Theorists. They used to do a TON more and were REQUIRED if you wanted to make money. Now-a-days they're not and can be up to shady stuff.

something similar happened to Jon Paula and his IDEO Productions (Now Jogwheel) , creator of "Is it a good idea to microwave this?" ... he was under MCN and they started to demonetize his videos, pull them down, etc...  and I'm sure, Fullscreen will soon or later do shit like that to LTT and others in their hands.... it's just matter of time... 

We, who learn from mistakes of others, got one priceless lesson. NEVER GET YOUR CHANNEL UNDER MCN ... 

Daewoo Lanos 1.5L 8V, 1998, green = Better graphics than NFS in VR. 

Otherwise my daily rig is some oem pcchips motherboard with intel 486-dx2 in it overclocked to 100mhz and watercooled with astonishing 24MB RAM and superb S3 Virge DX graphics with 4MB of VRAM for best performance in heavy 3D apps and games and with 850mb WD Caviar 4200RPM HDD for maximum storage space and speed.

Running  Windows 95 OSR2.5 with IE4 for amazing internet browsing experience

all this in glorious desktop case in elephant bone color. 

21 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

I know he founded vidcon. I know he handed over leadership to its self-autonomous entity that's Vidcon.

that was before he handed it over, she attacked an audience, if anyone she broke the rules, yet she gets to stay and he gets kicked out and they tried to make it like anita was in the right, hypocrite as fuck. there are more videos about this, just google them. it's not just him she abused, she also attacked boogie.

Spoiler

anita is an abuser of the system, she the type of person who's says she agrees with opinions except when they don't agree with hers, she's the type of person who raised 23,000$ for opening a discord channel. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

This is a thing that i know all to well but having a copyright claim is not to bad 

take downs punch you in the gut as wat happened to me 

being good at some of the games i play i was head hunted by the top clans in a few games 

one of the clans had a similar name to a pop group so every time i streamed or posted game play videos the were taken down almost costing me my channel 

(which is only there for friends to get an idea on how i pull of wins )

on other streaming formats that are not you tube they will mute your sound if there is copy rite content  so my thing is for new you tubers is check your content before you post even the wording in your tittle  can get a take down ?

33 minutes ago, Chainer said:

That's actually a really good summary of the situation. He's done a very good job of explaining the situation without being unnecessarily critical of anyone involved. For anyone who wants to know what all the drama is about and doesn't want to read or watch through a bunch of crap, I highly recommend watching that video.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

"automated process" - end of story.  Nothing to see here.  Put down your pitch forks and go get some ice cream.