Dual System Fan Control Questions

SaltyPillow

Hi,

I'm looking to convert my existing unRAID with VM for Windows 10 rig into two dedicated Systems in the same case. (one handling NAS duties and another for Win10/Gaming).

I came across the problem that I ideally wanted to make fans and waterpump speed dependent on the temperature of the Gaming-CPU but I also don't want the fans to shut off completely when the gaming system is not running, as the NAS-System still needs some minor cooling (especially HDDs and CPU-Water-Loop of course).

So do any of you guys know of some way to accomplish this? I thought that with an external fan controller like the NZXT Grid plus V3 or something I could set them to a default speed and power the thing from the NAS-PSU. The USB connection would then go to the gaming system so NZXTs software can tell the Grid to ramp up the fans if it detects excessive heat while the gaming system is running. Would this work?

Cheers,

Not sure, but probably. Although they might ramp up to full speed/stop once the hub loses connection to the other PC.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11