First build need help with issue

ikramit98
Go to solution Solved by ikramit98,

its working now sorry was 8 pin was in but was not click into place 

So GPU is working and fans are working but nothing shows up on the screen?

Test a different motherboard to see if it may be PSU

Its working now sorry 8 pin was connected but had not been clicked into place was oveer thinking it

I'm building my first pc and just finished connecting all the psu connectors and tried to boot,  all the fans turned on and a light appeared on the mobo put then the system  shut down there are no beeps and i checked the 24 and 8 pins and they are installed correctly i get no power led when i turn the computer on need some help.

I'm building my first pc and just finished connecting all the psu connectors and tried to boot,  all the fans turned on and a light appeared on the mobo put then the system  shut down there are no beeps and i checked the 24 and 8 pins and they are installed correctly i get no power led when i turn the computer on need some help.

Take everything out of the case.

Pull all components but CPU and one stick of memory out of the motherboard. 

See if it posts.

If not. RMA Motherboard.

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

See if it posts.

If not. RMA Motherboard.

Thanks will try 

See if it posts.

If not. RMA Motherboard.

discounted everything from the motherboard on board audio light turns on but nothing else happen

discounted everything from the motherboard on board audio light turns on but nothing else happen

Might be a bad board.

Might be a bad board.

a light does appear on the board so i think is has power  if it was bad would tha led light appear plus the mobo was bought as part of a bundle and was test before delivery

a light does appear on the board so i think is has power  if it was bad would tha led light appear

Did you try it with just the cpu and ram? it should go into the BIOS, if not, and it just get's power. Make sure all your connects are good to the display and whatnot. IF it wont work by then you may need to RMA your motherboard

Did you try it with just the cpu and ram? it should go into the BIOS, if not, and it just get's power. Make sure all your connects are good to the display and whatnot. IF it wont work by then you may need to RMA your motherboard

I disconetted all the connenctor to mobo i just left the front panle connetors and ram and 8 pins , 24 pins and once again it power on and then just turned off

the fans on my gpu are spining and all the other fans are working to so i think i might have to send the mobo back but if thier is any thing else i could be plz stated it so i can try it out

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

the fans on my gpu are spining and all the other fans are working to so i think i might have to send the mobo back but if thier is any thing else i could be plz stated it so i can try it out

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

its working now sorry was 8 pin was in but was not click into place 

Its working now sorry 8 pin was connected but had not been clicked into place was oveer thinking it