Rog strix cards and coil whine

Remikp04

Looking at the rtx 2060 strix, but I've heard that in general rog strix cards have coil whine? Is that true or will it be fine?

Just now, Shimejii said:

All cards have a chance to have coil whine, not just strix. EVGA, MSI, Gigabyte, Asus, they all have had cards with coil whine. Generally its a not an issue, but you can get unlucky.

Ok I'm asking anyway because my palit 1060 6gb lately started doing it and its driving me mad

47 minutes ago, Remikp04 said:

Ok I'm asking anyway because my palit 1060 6gb lately started doing it and its driving me mad

Give yourself a few years, go to a few music gigs, you'll stop hearing it. 

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

I suspected my Strix RX570 had started to develop coil whine but it turns out it's just the shroud vibrating like crazy under load as a result becoming loose(?) during re-installation. 

My brand new EVGA RTX 2060 XC gaming has severe coil whine even if no test revealed it when i searched for possible issues before the buy. As said before, it really can happen to any card. I'm so sad XD I think i'll RMA mine and hope the next one doesn't have any.