RTX 2060 vs 1080 which ones better for 4K????

AwayComet108
3 minutes ago, Settlerteo said:

I don't want to argue with you also. This is a great community and i want to help the OP through interaction with you and the other members here. I could report you for your last sentence which others won't understand here but i won't. Just try to not be aggressive here. It never helps. 

Having a look at your history, you are the one that is really aggressive here and the last sentence can make "meaning :)" even in English, nothing wrong with it!! 

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

as for PC upgrade vs Xbox... choose this based on what you want from a machine, not from the hardware specs. both are 2 different platforms with their own unique pros and cons. and cannot be directly compared. If you want to have your cake and eat it youd own both and xbox and a PC for best of both worlds...

as for the 4K question, neither the 2060 or 1080 are aimed at 4K AAA Gaming. Yes yoi will get them to run on those resolutions by lowering the graphics quality, but if you're doing that it kind of defeats the point of going for a super high resolution. Based on ZERO experience and just stuff i've read on the internet, if i was to choose between those 2 cards i'd go 2060 as its a newer platform, and potentionally DLSS could mean 4K becomes achievable in the future even tho right now its really not a thing.

14 hours ago, Jay Deah said:

as for PC upgrade vs Xbox... choose this based on what you want from a machine, not from the hardware specs. both are 2 different platforms with their own unique pros and cons. and cannot be directly compared. If you want to have your cake and eat it youd own both and xbox and a PC for best of both worlds...

as for the 4K question, neither the 2060 or 1080 are aimed at 4K AAA Gaming. Yes yoi will get them to run on those resolutions by lowering the graphics quality, but if you're doing that it kind of defeats the point of going for a super high resolution. Based on ZERO experience and just stuff i've read on the internet, if i was to choose between those 2 cards i'd go 2060 as its a newer platform, and potentionally DLSS could mean 4K becomes achievable in the future even tho right now its really not a thing.

Yeah o understand where ur coming from but like Xbox has nothing else to offer other than 4K. If I get a GPU that can run 4K games better  I’d def get a GPU. The main issue here is price what’s the best bang for my buck as for the games everything that is on Xbox is basically on pc. So ideally I’d be looking something that i could connect to a 4K HDR tv and play games with full visual fidelity. Whether that be on Xbox or PC. My pc is one cable away from my tv so I can connect it very conveniently. I’m kinda sitting on the fence with rtx cards they’re offering literally a feature that none of the cards can utilize fully. It’s practically pointless. 

22 hours ago, AwayComet108 said:

i7 4790k 

16 GB ram 2133Mhz

22 hours ago, AwayComet108 said:

so you'd recommend the 1080?

Are both better than the Xbox GPU?

That CPU will do great for 60FPS+ 1440p High/Ultra settings...and the GTX 1080 has a bit more punch than the 2060 and it has more video memory, but it doesn't support the RTX features.

6GB in most games is enough for 1440p without suffering from stuttering but in some titles it's limiting you already...maybe you set textures to high instead of ultra and it's fine i don't know...

I think i would go with a nice second hand card like a MSI gaming or Asus strix or someting...GTX1080

I was using the gigabyte windforce GTX 1080 previously for 1440p gaming and it was awesome at that...with 4.2ghz 4770K at the time.

The experience is head and shoulders above anything you can get on a console especially if you have a good gaming monitor.

I've read the DLSS doesnt look as good as true 1440p with light Anti-Aliasing (which honestly is all you need at 27'')

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR