This New Phone That Crowdsources Internet

Mrspiky4

So I came across this phone from an Instagram ad so I checked it out and they send you a router that connects other phones to your WiFi, so others can too, it's an interesting idea but they'd have to sell hundreds of thousands of phones and routers for anyone to be able to use them, so I'm skeptical about how they'll do.

The link is volkfi.com

4 minutes ago, Mrspiky4 said:

So I came across this phone from an Instagram ad so I checked it out and they send you a router that connects other phones to your WiFi, so others can too, it's an interesting idea but they'd have to sell hundreds of thousands of phones and routers for anyone to be able to use them, so I'm skeptical about how they'll do.

I wonder... Hey mommy, Is this hotspot?

anyway, Welcome to the fourms

Edited by SlimyPython
I have to welcome them

✨FNIGE✨

7 minutes ago, Mrspiky4 said:

Yeah this isn't Tech News...

8 minutes ago, Mrspiky4 said:

This New Phone That Crowdsources Internet

[...] they send you a router that connects other phones to your WiFi, so others can too,

Sounds like a great way to steal your information, monitor any unencrypted traffic, and to hijack your traffic to redirect to fake sites to steal your login information. MITM attack anyone?

5 minutes ago, Mrspiky4 said:

So I came across this phone from an Instagram ad so I checked it out

People actually click on ads on social media?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

-= Moved to General Discussion =-

OP you post does not meet the Tech News guidelines.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER