Does anyone know what LTT does with all of their pc's that they've built over the years?

Isn't it the same with all these big tech channels?

They mostly pull them apart and the components go back on the shelf until they need them for another video (assuming the point of the video wasn't to build a new editing rig which would see daily use or whatever).

Occasionally people keep one to use as a showpiece for their office or whatever. But that's pretty rare.

Reused for other builds

Systems:

Main Gaming:                                                        Windows XP:

Ryzen 5 2600                                                               Intel Pentium 3

Asus RX 580 OC                                                     1GB DDR2

Patriot Viper DDR4 8GB                                         Asus Motherboard

Asus ROG B450-I                                                   Dell 300W

Corsair CX 450                                                       ATI Rage 128 Fury Pro

FreeNAS Server:                                                   Windows 98/95 duel boot:

I5 3400k                                                                  Pentium Pro

Patriot DDR3 8GB                                                  HP Vectra motherboard 

Gigabyte Ultra Durable                                           500MB RAM

Rosewill Glacier 600W                                           Soundblaster 16

Matrox Mystique

Random PC:                                                         

AMD Phenom x4 850                                          Key:

Kukete A78                                                          Motherboard

Kingston 4GB DDR3                                            Memory

Dell 500W                                                            Power Supply

Graphics Card

Other Gaming:                                                    Sound Card

Ryzen 5 2600                                                       Processor

Asus ROG Strix B350-F Gaming

MSI 1050 OC

Hyper-X 16GB DDR4

EVGA 750 B2

1. Linus stores them in several different public storage units

2. Linus wires them together in his ultimate plan for world  distruction.

Mwhaha

Won’t visit often..

All the above [except for the last one]. 

Also with exception those parts that are given for sponsored builds, those parts are returned, pending on the agreement with the source manufacturer..

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

15 hours ago, DezGalbie said:

Isn't it the same with all these big tech channels?

They mostly pull them apart and the components go back on the shelf until they need them for another video (assuming the point of the video wasn't to build a new editing rig which would see daily use or whatever).

Occasionally people keep one to use as a showpiece for their office or whatever. But that's pretty rare.

I can tell their storage is packed full of junks by now. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

16 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

Also with exception those parts that are given for sponsored builds, those parts are returned, pending on the agreement with the source manufacturer..

I thought these were considered gifts from the manufacture and written off as an advertisement expense ??

~~~~Started Folding - Feb 7, 2019~~~~

22 hours ago, GeoSquigg said:

I thought these were considered gifts from the manufacture and written off as an advertisement expense ??

It depends on the agreement, sometimes yes and sometimes no. I dont work directly for LMG but from how Linus has mentioned and discussed in post videos, this is how I've come to understand it.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

From what I gather:

Review units often stay with them, as they are given to LMG in return for their review of the product. Though some review units are given only for the duration of the review (The Watercooled PSU is what comes to mind you)

Company purchased parts... duh. stay with the company.

Some stuff featured come from staffs personal collections (the PC from the "First SLI" video was Ivans, for example.)

And most build logs are made with collections of these parts and are disassembled and put on shelves until parts are needed again.

DISCLAIMER: I HAVE 0 TIES TO LTT/LMG OTHER THAN BEING A FAN. I AM USING PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, LMG STAFF STATEMENTS, AND INFRENCING TO MAKE THE ABOVE CONCLUSION. PLS DONT SUE ME.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

They send them to the ranch /s

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler