Corsair 570X

Flinty

So a couple of months ago, I treated myself to a rig upgrade. New PSU, water cooling, NVME etc etc. Among that, I decided to scale down to a 570X from my 750D and I wanted to share my thoughts for anyone considering it. 

The first thing I have to say is manage your expectations. If you go to youtube, you're going to see high quality glam footage of it, and admittedly it looks STUNNING when you put some love into it (and the post editing). For the average joe, building a PC in this thing could be "challenging." I spent too much time cursing at cable management and dirty glass, so keep those in mind. Without further hesitation, I'm going to cover some critical points. 

The cable management cover... Well, to say I have a love hate relationship with it is an understatement. Like a good friend, it shields you from the horrific part of your PC... The cables... But my good god is it difficult to work with... In my build, I'm running 2x 6 pin PSU cables, 1x 24 Pin, 2x Sata power, 2x Sata data, USB 3, HD Audio, Top Panel buttons and 11 cooling orientated cables (6 fan headers, 5 corsair RGB headers). So to say it's a tight squeeze in there is a huge understatement. For your first time working with this case, you'll possibly struggle like I did. 

The Hard Drive mounting brackets are cool, I like them a bunch actually. They're in a convenient location, they are easy to reach. HOWEVER, I don't know what psychopath at Corsair decided that the green PCB should be on display.. It is the biggest eyesore of this case... I fiddled around, trying to fit the drives in the other way round, but it's not happening sadly. If you're using Sata SSDs though, you'll be fine!

For my build I decided to water cool for the first time and like a lot of people, I gravitated towards the EK Fluid Gaming A360G all in one kit. As a result of the compactness of the case, you're gonna have to improve with the mounting holes at the bottom of the case for your res/pump. I ended up using an assortment of screws and such to try and get it sitting without causing noise. But it can be done. 

There's not much else to say about this case, it is beautiful like you see in the youtube videos, but a tip for anyone building in this for the first time... Come equipped with lots of patience... 

Stick with it... The end result can be beautiful!

rYbc8OT.jpg

jk0qtEf.jpg

jFelVyI.jpg

The 570x is a case you really have to see in person, in photographs it's simply not done justice.

My roommate has one. One of the nicest cases I've ever seen. It also somehow manages to keep dust out better than any other case I've seen.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I have had a 570x since they released, it's the only case I've kept for a new build.

Current Build

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

Absolutely, the 570X is a case you have to see in person to appreciate it... I run it with 5 Corsair LL120 fans and my god it's gorgeous

Finally seen one in person and had to build a loop in it. Easiest build I’ve ever done. 

Wouldnt mind getting one myself but I hate using intake with rads. Maybe when I give up water cooling. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

I'm considering bumping up the number of fans in my build. Currently the 3 RGB fans aren't really doing the job on the 360mm rad so I may try to add another 3 static pressure fans on the other side of the rad as well to see if I can negate the poor airflow