A real vertical GPU

FitzLeloup

I always hated how the GPU covers up the bottom of the motherboard and there is a huge empty space on the right side of it so ... I fixed it ! Thoughts ? 

20190211_213705.jpg

That's a pretty great use of the empty space of a case. Wouldn't work with my GPU, being a blower.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Great now you can't even use the rest of the PCIe slots.

And how are you suppose to connect your monitors?

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

14 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

are you on reddit?

otherwise you stole this from there

btw, I wouldn't do it, i would just do it normal or normal vertical

I am . Same guy . 

8 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Great now you can't even use the rest of the PCIe slots.

And how are you suppose to connect your monitors?

You're right . I put a graphics card in my case that I can't use. You caught me. 

Yeah. I had to sacrifice my sweet sound card for the look . 

6 minutes ago, FitzLeloup said:

You're right . I put a graphics card in my case that I can't use. You caught me. 

Yeah. I had to sacrifice my sweet sound card for the look . 

Maybe can buy another pcie cable extension and use that for your sound card. And I see how the cable for the monitor is routed. will be a pain to remove, unless it's connect via a extension cable.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

2 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Maybe can buy another pcie cable extension and use that for your sound card. And I see how the cable for the monitor is routed. will be a pain to remove, unless it's connect via a extension cable.

It is, they are connected outside the case so I can just unplug it if I need to . There is a hole under the GPU for the cable connection and to screw the GPU in so it doesn't fall. 

The air flow of that case is....... of the worst 

Income hot air from the radiator, straight on the gpu.....

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

So my first impression is I hate it, but honestly I think thats partly because I know its not supposed to be there lol, also the fact that its not sitting straight up and down is causing my OCD to freak out lol. More important than any of that though is what I think doesnt matter. Good on you for trying something different and if you like it then stick with it. I too have that empty space in my case and thats honestly one reason I am going to be doing water cooling, to make use of that space.

technically he could use the bottom pcie slot. there's been many test showing 8X vs 16x performance is within the 0-2% which is within margin of error

There is no enemy. The foe on the battlefield is merely the manifestation of that which we must overcome. The doubt, and fear, and despair. Every battle is fought within. Conquer the battlefield that lies inside you, and the enemy disappears like the illusion it is.

2 hours ago, Constantin said:

The air flow of that case is....... of the worst 

Income hot air from the radiator, straight on the gpu.....

instead of ...... the hot air just moving a few inches to the left and being... ice cold?

22 minutes ago, Ravendarat said:

So my first impression is I hate it, but honestly I think thats partly because I know its not supposed to be there lol, also the fact that its not sitting straight up and down is causing my OCD to freak out lol. More important than any of that though is what I think doesnt matter. Good on you for trying something different and if you like it then stick with it. I too have that empty space in my case and thats honestly one reason I am going to be doing water cooling, to make use of that space.

Hey thanks so much for something actually positive! I'm just showing off something I thought looked good in my case.

Really, thanks.

36 minutes ago, FitzLeloup said:

Hey thanks so much for something actually positive! I'm just showing off something I thought looked good in my case.

Really, thanks.

Like I said, I like people trying something different, might not always be my thing but good on you for being creative. And in all honesty I could see how this could be developed into something marketable. If a real bracket was created for a case where the a monitor cable could be fed through the power supply shroud and out to a couplet on the back panel where you could plug a monitor into it I could see it being feasible. I would also thing a different PCI extension cable would need to be created to not block all the other spots.

pD7P3Tp.jpg

LjPqGPe.jpg

updated it

wEQGkBt.jpg

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

That looks pretty sweet!

I don't really get why people are so pi§§ed of in here. How are the thermals? I'd figure they may even be a bit better than with the traditional orientation, as the card can eject air both 'top' and 'bottom' of the PCB - whereas the 'bottom' usually is blocked of by the motherboard.

Where did you route the extensions for the video outputs to? Is there still space next to the PSU?

"We cannot change the cards we're dealt - just how we play the hand" - R. Pausch

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X , Cooler: BeQuiet Dark Rock 3 Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar Titanium RAM: 16 GB Corsair LPX 3200 GPU: EVGA RTX2070 XC Storage: Adata 120GB SSD, SanDisk 1TB SDD, 2TB WD GreenHDD Case: Fractal Design Define Mini C PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS Peripherals: Master Keys Pro S, Logitech G402 Audio: Schiit Fulla 2 + Sennheiser HD 650. Laptop: Asus Zenbook UX 302

I love it!

How'd you attatch the GPU to the case?

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably

11 hours ago, myselfolli said:

I love it!

How'd you attatch the GPU to the case?

Just cut a hole in the PSU shroud and then screwed it in underneath 

12 hours ago, Speakerator said:

That looks pretty sweet!

I don't really get why people are so pi§§ed of in here. How are the thermals? I'd figure they may even be a bit better than with the traditional orientation, as the card can eject air both 'top' and 'bottom' of the PCB - whereas the 'bottom' usually is blocked of by the motherboard.

Where did you route the extensions for the video outputs to? Is there still space next to the PSU?

You can see the cables come out the back of the case where the graphics card would normally be mounted.