Deadmau5 on Floatplane?

finsarg
1 minute ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Yes, but it's original meaning isn't a slur, as opposed to the n-word, which is why I think the n-word is not really comparable to "fag"

That would be like saying it's okay to use the Nazi Swastika because swastikas in general were symbols of peace in eastern religions.

No matter what the original definition of "fag" was, it is definitely used as a homophobic slur against gay people. It is comparable.

1 minute ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Didn't say that it was okay.

My point was, deadmau5 swears a lot, so the fact that something slipped through isn't very surprising. 

Yeah and I get that. But he said something stupid that he shouldn't have. So he got a temp ban. Pretty simple.

Next time maybe he'll think about what he's saying before he says a homophobic slur. I like the dude, but I think he's wrong, and his "apology" was even worse, since you can tell he doesn't think it's wrong to say.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

2 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

That would be like saying it's okay to use the Nazi Swastika because swastikas in general were symbols of peace in eastern religions.

No matter what the original definition of "fag" was, it is definitely used as a homophobic slur against gay people. It is comparable.

Come on now, no one used the word "fag" to send people to concentration camps. Can it be used as a slur? Yes, but most people use it as another way of saying dumbass.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

Come on now, no one used the word "fag" to send people to concentration camps. Can it be used as a slur? Yes, but most people use it as another way of saying dumbass.

Keep in mind that the Nazi regime did indeed persecute homosexuals as deviants - maybe not nearly to the degree as they did with jews, but it still happened.

And (tens to hundreds) thousands of homosexuals were persecuted over the years, so, is it the same as the holocaust? No of course not. But calling someone a fag because they are gay is most definitely still a thing. Someone using it as "dumbass" is just an idiot, and isn't making things any better.

At this point I don't think we're going to agree.

I think it's wrong and people should stop using homophobic slurs period - regardless of what they "mean" when they say the word. I think Deadmau5 was justifiably punished for saying a homophobic slur. I think the temporary suspension (remember, he'll get his ability to stream back) is a good punishment. I hope (but do not expect) that he learns from this and will stop using homophobic slurs.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)