What does a good mouse really feel like?

Fasauceome
14 minutes ago, SenpaiKaplan said:

has extra buttons in really useful places

so far I've used the forward and backwards mouse buttons for my gaming interface, to great effect. Any more that are super useful to have that I'm missing out on?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

It's very subjective. I've used logitech m100, g203, g502, g303; razer deathadder, mamba TE and zowie fk1, ec2-a. For fps & shooters i love the g203 & ec2-a but i hate the ec2-a scroll wheel. 

I like big mice for anyhing but fps & shooters. fk1 and g502 being my favorites big mice.

I can use the g203 for windows tasks/non-gaming but the bigger mice feel more comfortable for these tasks.

At the moment i'm using a g203 and i love it. I'd like to try the g pro and see if the cord tangles or not, my g203 tangles some times.

I'd say a good mouse feels like you have total control of the cursor or your aim in game and it never skips, I'd also include having two side buttons and a dpi button to switch between normal & sniper.

IMO logitech software is the best for customization, razer is the best for rgb (chroma can't be beaten) but it's really buggy (I have to re-plug my mice/keyboard at least once a day)

Just now, nachomartin said:

razer is the best for rgb (chroma can't be beaten) but it's really buggy

I was considering green only, trying to avoid RGB software if possible.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I'd say a good mouse should feel comfortable to you, first and foremost. People can recommend you mice all day long but its so subjective - everyone raves about the G502 but I hate how it feels in my hand, and I tested it for a few weeks before switching it out for the Corsair Ironclaw which fits my hand perfectly. I still like the G502, but using it long-term, I found myself groaning about how small it felt in my hand and how hard reaching certain buttons was for me. The best thing I can say is, figure out what you want from a mouse. What kind of grip style you want, how many buttons do you absolutely need to have, do you like a heavy mouse or a light mouse, etc. and then pick some mice that fit your criteria and give them a shot. The best way to find your perfect mouse is to just try some mice and see what feels right to you.

14 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

so far I've used the forward and backwards mouse buttons for my gaming interface, to great effect. Any more that are super useful to have that I'm missing out on?

In left handed position I use the back-set one on the right side and the forward-set one on the left side. The former is set to quick melee in any game that has one, or Guard Break in FH. The latter is fienting in FH, or various binds in other things. 

The forward right and back left buttons aren't easy for me to reach without shifting my hand, but 2 buttons is all I really need ?

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

Size and ergonomy matters alot!

This is my experience regarding mouse size and ergonomy.

I have one of the so-called best cheap gaming mouse, the Logitech G300S, I bought it because it has some nice additional buttons layouts on the edge of the left and right click buttons, and some on the back of the scroll.

The features are nice, the DPI is not so high (2500), relatively decent optical sensor but for its price it's great, the number of additional buttons and their layout are the features what I need mainly so it served me well in the earlier of its use on the game I play, "BUT" because it is a small sized mouse while my hand size is aproximately between medium-large size, this mouse becomes feel suck after the first couple of months.

Then I challenged myself to find a better mouse which has similar additional buttons and layouts as G300S, and I ended up with Roccat Tyon, I know Roccat Leadr is the much better in term of sensor than Tyon, but because the Leadr is wireless and too heavy for my preference and too expensive, which made me hold myself and get the Tyon instead. It turned to be a blast! Tyon/Leadr has the exact same additional buttons layout as G300S, and large size with right handed shape which fits so well under my hand, while G300S is an ambidextrous which is uncomfortable, honestly the G300S serves me well in term of performance but its size and ergonomy are the thing that I won't use it again.

So, size and ergonomy is the top priority over the performance and features.

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs: