Kali Wi Fi problem

Go to solution Solved by PD_Defalt,
Just now, Lukyp said:

If the issue is your internet connection, you can run a tethering connection from your phone

Once you are done follow those steps

sudo apt update

sudo apt install git

git clone https://github.com/neurobin/MT7630E

cd MT7630E

sudo make

sudo make install

then reboot

Ty

Hi, I just installed kali2 4.18 (I think it's the correct version) and I have a mediatek mt7630e card and I need someone to help me to download and install the drivers step by step
I can not connect my laptop to a wired network because of my damaged ethernet port.
Counting that I installed it for less than an hour and I have little experience in Linux

Laptop: Asus F550cc

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

1) Don't install Kali. It's intended to be used as a live environment. Using it as anything else is asking for trouble.

2) No offense, but if you have no experience with Linux you shouldn't be using Kali either way. It's a pentesting tool, not an environment to learn Linux in.

Install Debian or Ubuntu and then follow the instructions on the github page @Tsuki posted.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

6 minutes ago, Sauron said:

1) Don't install Kali. It's intended to use as a live environment. Using it as anything else is asking for trouble.

2) No offense, but if you have no experience with Linux you shouldn't be using Kali either way. It's a pentesting tool, not an environment to learn Linux in.

Install Debian or Ubuntu and then follow the instructions on the github page @Tsuki posted.

this is very true.  Kali is not meant to be used as a full blown install.(performance is also shit)

if you want to use a pentesting distro fulltime, consider Parrot Security OS instead.  its basically just debian with all the tools installed

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

23 minutes ago, Sauron said:

1) Don't install Kali. It's intended to use as a live environment. Using it as anything else is asking for trouble.

I noticed ... well, anyway, you would recommend an OS to learn how to use linux

38 minutes ago, PD_Defalt said:

Hi, I just installed kali2 4.18 (I think it's the correct version) and I have a mediatek mt7630e card and I need someone to help me to download and install the drivers step by step
I can not connect my laptop to a wired network because of my damaged ethernet port.
Counting that I installed it for less than an hour and I have little experience in Linux

Laptop: Asus F550c

If the issue is your internet connection, you can run a tethering connection from your phone

sudo apt update

sudo apt install git

cd MT7630E

sudo make

sudo make install

then reboot

Edited by Guest

Just now, Lukyp said:

sudo apt update

sudo apt install git

cd MT7630E

sudo make

sudo make install

then reboot

Ty

13 minutes ago, PD_Defalt said:

Ty

I forgot if you are missing make you can install it with sudo apt install build-essential

Kali is not a desktop OS. 

Running that is like running Windows server instead of windows 10 home. 

Get Ubuntu instead. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

5 hours ago, PD_Defalt said:

I noticed ... well, anyway, you would recommend an OS to learn how to use linux

Usually I recommend Ubuntu MATE, but any Ubuntu flavor or derivative will be just fine for a new user.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

20 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Usually I recommend Ubuntu MATE, but any Ubuntu flavor or derivative will be just fine for a new user.

very kind, thank you