which psu

yesman

hi guys need some help on finding the right psu which W shouldi get for this rig 

i7-4770K Asus ROG Maximus VI HERO R9 280X

and a hard drive and ssd 

crucial ballistix tactical 4gb

I'll assume you plan on overclocking and that in the future you'll be adding a second card. 

I'd either go with seasonic or corsair, and you'll want 750watts or better. Give yourself the headroom. 

Might I ask why only 4gb of ram? All other aspects of your system are pretty spiffy

8320 @ 4.3ghz l Gigabyte 970a Ud3 l Hyper 212 Evo l R9 290 l 8gb RAM 1866 Vengeance l 1tb WD Black l 120gb Samsung Evo SSD l HX750 Gold PSU l 500d Arctic Case l Windows 8 OS l K65 and Blackwidow Keyboard l M65 and DeathAdder 2013 l Qck Steelseries l 24in Vizio Monitor 1080p

I'll assume you plan on overclocking and that in the future you'll be adding a second card. 

I'd either go with seasonic or corsair, and you'll want 750watts or better. Give yourself the headroom. 

Might I ask why only 4gb of ram? All other aspects of your system are pretty spiffy

750W Is waaaay overkill for a system like this. Unless he is planning to SLI later on, there is no point.

I'm just going to go ahead and say a good 80+ Gold 600w PSU will be good. 

Maybe an EVGA SuperNOVA NEX650G? Or something from Seasonic

yeah probs later on i get another one but right now this would be my first gaming pc :) and yeah i will be overclocking it but i will only have 1 card but i dont want to spend too much on it might just get one of the Corsair RM

yeah probs later on i get another one but right now this would be my first gaming pc :) and yeah i will be overclocking it but i will only have 1 card but i dont want to spend too much on it might just get one of the Corsair RM

The RM series has bad capacitors, I'd recommend going for something different.

If you're not planning on crossfire then a 600w will be more than enough, even when overclocking. If you do plan on getting another card, then a 750W will be good.

You'd be okay with something around 500w, and yea you can't go wrong with corsair :) It's crazy how expensive pc parts are right now haha, keep an eye out for rebates okay. You can defer to corsairs website to find out what deals are available. Grats on the new PC

Edit- Pay attention to user reviews, especially with respect to power supplies!

8320 @ 4.3ghz l Gigabyte 970a Ud3 l Hyper 212 Evo l R9 290 l 8gb RAM 1866 Vengeance l 1tb WD Black l 120gb Samsung Evo SSD l HX750 Gold PSU l 500d Arctic Case l Windows 8 OS l K65 and Blackwidow Keyboard l M65 and DeathAdder 2013 l Qck Steelseries l 24in Vizio Monitor 1080p

and i dont want to spend too much on it just want it to fit my rig and maybe some more hard drives and more ram 

I would go with a 550W or 600W if you want to run your PC as it is without buying another graphics card, however if you want to add another graphics card in the future I would go with something like a 750W PSU.

You'd be okay with something around 500w, and yea you can't go wrong with corsair :) It's crazy how expensive pc parts are right now haha, keep an eye out for rebates okay. You can defer to corsairs website to find out what deals are available. Grats on the new PC

Edit- Pay attention to user reviews, especially with respect to power supplies!

thanks for the help :)

It would work with a 550w but just to play it safe go for a 600w, if its 80+ bronze at least then you are fine.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1