So, I can't get any better at LoL, please help

Dominik999

Hello!

So, I am playing LoL for about 2 months... I main Thresh (support) 

I think I really cannot get any better at the game. I didn't get any improvements what so ever in my 2 months of playing LoL.

Can someone please tell me how I can get better at LoL. My friends sometimes say that I'm a noob (I know I am.) I just want to get better to at least get a score of 3 kills per round....

I've been watching some tutorials and those really didn't help me at all.

Thanks in advance!

Don’t watch tutorials. If you can play bot matches (idk I’ve never played) then play that and figure out your own tactics. 

I made the same mistake, in siege (yes, different kind of game, same concept tho) I watched tutorials and I was trash at the game. Then I just started experimenting with different play styles and I got better

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

7 minutes ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

Don’t watch tutorials. If you can play bot matches (idk I’ve never played) then play that and figure out your own tactics. 

I made the same mistake, in siege (yes, different kind of game, same concept tho) I watched tutorials and I was trash at the game. Then I just started experimenting with different play styles and I got better

I am really sad, cause I really try my best and still nothing.

Just now, Dominik999 said:

I am really sad, cause I really try my best and still nothing.

First, as a support you do not make kills, you make assists and help your adc (as far as I know)

Have you the right runes?

Have you learned the Skills and what they do?

Have you used the "right" items?

post your op.gg profile. thresh is pretty advanced champion for support. it takes a lot of time to get good. id be happy to take a look at your profile and see your builds and recent games.

7 minutes ago, ElectricModz said:

First, as a support you do not make kills, you make assists and help your adc (as far as I know)

Have you the right runes?

Have you learned the Skills and what they do?

Have you used the "right" items?

I use the right runes, and items

8 minutes ago, bdrickybd said:

post your op.gg profile. thresh is pretty advanced champion for support. it takes a lot of time to get good. id be happy to take a look at your profile and see your builds and recent games.

I just updated my profile, reload the page.

your not level 30 yet so you have plenty of time. As thresh you just have to be careful and try to land hooks on priority targets (adc, mid, top or jg if they are playing a carry) otherwise just try to flay away from adc or lantern adc if fights start going bad. Most people tend to not finish support items first either try to beef up before you finish the item and only rush Mikael's crucible if they have really heavy cc. Your 1/7/2 game a day ago they really had no AP on their team or cc outside of janna and nasus so it isnt worth building it at all. Games will always be different and dont think you have to build a certain way for each game. If they are heavy AD get a frozen heart early. MR really isnt worth stacking as support unless they have a support caster that can do a lot of damage like brand or velkoz. Just keep playing you still have a lot of time to get to level 30 and get into ranked matches.

8 minutes ago, bdrickybd said:

your not level 30 yet so you have plenty of time. As thresh you just have to be careful and try to land hooks on priority targets (adc, mid, top or jg if they are playing a carry) otherwise just try to flay away from adc or lantern adc if fights start going bad. Most people tend to not finish support items first either try to beef up before you finish the item and only rush Mikael's crucible if they have really heavy cc. Your 1/7/2 game a day ago they really had no AP on their team or cc outside of janna and nasus so it isnt worth building it at all. Games will always be different and dont think you have to build a certain way for each game. If they are heavy AD get a frozen heart early. MR really isnt worth stacking as support unless they have a support caster that can do a lot of damage like brand or velkoz. Just keep playing you still have a lot of time to get to level 30 and get into ranked matches.

Thanks man!

You really helped me a bunch!

I'll keep playin' and we'll see what will happen.

NP. The more you play the more you will learn all the different champs and what they do and that really helps a ton.

if you arent level 30, then nothing matters yet. so dont worry

you're a support - stop looking for kills.

your job is to zone the enemy away from the minions, so that your ADC can focus on farming and last hitting

stand as far forward as you can while your hook is off cooldown.  throw the hook to grab people, but ONLY WHEN YOUR ADC IS ACTUALLY IN A POSITION TO DO SOMETHING WITH IT. othewise you get yourself killed.

focus on purchasing the correct items.  if they are heavy AP, build MR.  heavy AD, build armor.  no build is going to be the same every single game.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

That's not how it works, that's not how any of this works...

14 hours ago, Dominik999 said:

So, I am playing LoL for about 2 months... I main Thresh (support) 

It's too early for you to be "maining" one character and role. Stop playing just one character and one role. Play some other roles and characters so you can understand what tactics those characters might use when you're up against them. One of the hardest parts of learning the game for a newcomer is learning all the champions and what their abilities, strengths and weaknesses are. If you just play the same few characters over and over again, you won't understand the other champions. LoL does free week character rotations where you can play characters you don't own for free, with the characters available rotating weekly. So use that as an opportunity to practice with other champions and roles.

If you've just been playing with your mates, try playing with other teams or random team mates as well. You may pick up different styles/strategies from playing with different teams.

14 hours ago, Dominik999 said:

I just want to get better to at least get a score of 3 kills per round....

If you're playing support, then that doesn't really matter. Supports usually help the team in other ways, and as long as you're helping your ADC and not feeding kills to the enemy team your kill count won't matter as a support. Though, again, try playing different roles/champions.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

• 1 month later...

My friend keeps saying that it doesn't matter if you lose the game, as long as you win your own lane. If you keep playing and keep winning your lane you WILL win games eventually.

My stuff:

Spoiler

CPU :  Intel i5 8400 | GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3600MHz

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Headset : Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ω w/ AT2020USB+

Monitor : Acer XF240H @  144Hz