I need help expanding my computer science coursework

I have made a rudimentary lstm neural-net using Tensorflow which can generate unique melodies using Tensorflow for my compsci (year 13 sixth form) coursework.

However this alone isn't enough to score highly. I need advice on how to expand this project as I have hit a wall and I don't know where I can go from here.

It can literally be anything, I just need a use-case or demonstration I can make, expanding on my project.  

My first idea (not original I know) was melody auto-completion, (a user uses a virtual piano to key in some notes and the program finishes it off for you) but my program needs more than a few notes of input to generate anything other than random garbage.

I hope you guys have more imagination than me, please help :)

Is it possible to refactor it so it predicts a note/chord after the current one? If you did that you could implement your idea, although I'm not sure how coherent it would be.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

Just now, BobVonBob said:

Is it possible to refactor it so it predicts a note/chord after the current one? If you did that you could implement your idea, although I'm not sure how coherent it would be.

That would be possible, however this is a whole school year project, and needs to be submitted in April. So starting from the beginning isn't really an option :(

cheers though 

can you generate a song form an input? let users upload a picture and turn it into sound.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

Select genre or select key you want to generate from. 

On 2/14/2019 at 6:44 AM, vorticalbox said:

can you generate a song form an input? let users upload a picture and turn it into sound.

That has been done in the past. They used to check the colors and saturations and get the 2 or 3 main color (can't remember exactly) and that was giving the major feel for the music. Something like green was more light and red was more aggressive and the music was generated from analysing pixel patterns but using the predefined theme.

you could use this to overwrite mistakes when playing an instrument. you could use this as an intermediary between the performer and the speaker. if a note is out of key or something, the program will overwrite it with the predicted one. 

good luck with computing also