To encourage social distancing, you must leave two blank lines at the start and end of every post, and before and after every quote. Failure to comply may result in non-essential parts of the forum closing. Click for more details. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Daron

Please help me fix this!

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hey everyone! 

I need help,

So I live in a hotel ( long story ) I am using their internet and via Ethernet. All was fine until today. Now I am getting ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID error on Chrome and ssl invalid on steam but when I am using VPN like now it is fine or when I am on the WiFi, but Ethernet is a no go. I don't know how to fix it and I have looked everywhere but it's a no go! Please help lol Gaming is what keeps me going now a days LOL I hope I can get a quick response and help <3 Thanks all! 
45 minutes ago, kendoka said:

Ways to solve it also allow for the Man In The Middle so i suggest thinking twice continuing with this...

I have no other choice I live in the hotel. For work I am living aboard 

2 minutes ago, Daron said:

I have no other choice I live in the hotel. For work I am living aboard 

WiFi not sufficient enough?

Try changing the DNS on your PC/device to Cloudflare 1.1.1.1 or Google 8.8.8.8.

1 hour ago, 191x7 said:

Try changing the DNS on your PC/device to Cloudflare 1.1.1.1 or Google 8.8.8.8.

1.1.1.1 didn't work :(

1 hour ago, kendoka said:

WiFi not sufficient enough?

get this it's 150kb/s down the wifi speed and they want to charge me 70$ a month for 250kb/s :D So no WiFi is not sufficient enough at all! 

That is why I need help! 

I have the same issue and it is Windows 10 embedded. It happens on all connections regardless of tether, hotspot, or adapter, and resetting does not fix. My only suggestion is to look into windows files. 

CMD prompt to turn off autotune and flushing dns have little to no effect, and Qos setting do nothing. 

Just now, BASEBALLbat said:

I have the same issue and it is Windows 10 embedded. It happens on all connections regardless of tether, hotspot, or adapter, and resetting does not fix. My only suggestion is to look into windows files. 

CMD prompt to turn off autotune and flushing dns have little to no effect, and Qos setting do nothing. 

Also repairing, reinstalling windows does nothing to fix it. Drivers, nope... Flashing BIOS, nope. Something is off with Microsoft... 

7 hours ago, BASEBALLbat said:

If it happens on all connections then its clearly NOT the same issue, so I'd recommend starting your own thread rather than derailing this one.

Router: i5-7200U appliance running pfSense.
ISP: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2 (66Mbit) + Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra. (56Mbit)

14 hours ago, Daron said:

Hey everyone! 

I need help,

So I live in a hotel ( long story ) I am using their internet and via Ethernet. All was fine until today. Now I am getting ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID error on Chrome and ssl invalid on steam but when I am using VPN like now it is fine or when I am on the WiFi, but Ethernet is a no go. I don't know how to fix it and I have looked everywhere but it's a no go! Please help lol Gaming is what keeps me going now a days LOL I hope I can get a quick response and help ❤️ Thanks all! 

Are both WiFi and ethernet effectively the same network?

Have you tried performing traceroutes or checking a site like https://checkmyip.com/ to see if they are working the same way?

I'm kinda thinking they are using some sort of transparent proxy that is not behaving correctly for secure sites and so causing this error.

Router: i5-7200U appliance running pfSense.
ISP: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2 (66Mbit) + Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra. (56Mbit)