A bed for bed hoggers. A new techish (i guess) bed thats basically a conveyor (only a concept)

Fnige

Ford, (yes THAT ford) has made a concept for a bed, while looking kinda cool it keeps bed hoggers on their side of the bed

The bed has a pressure sensor that can tell when your partner has clearly violated your half of the bed, which is rightfully yours. Ford’s blog says the conveyor belt gently returns “selfish sleepers” to where they should be, much like how Ford’s Lane-Keeping Aid shifts vehicles back in to their correct lanes by “nudging” the steering wheel in the correct direction

Ok... what the fuck is this... Though ford may be our lifesaver of this century. anyway... How would it feel? I'm starting to have quite a few questions for this bed

Source from The "how to build a PC" guys

Note: If this isn't techy enough, Moderators, can you kindly move it to the right section

✨FNIGE✨

Is this an out of season April fool's joke?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Make it an actual conveyor, and have it roll constantly at .1 inch per minute. Wake up on the other side of the bed.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

Just now, BobVonBob said:

Make it an actual conveyor, and have it roll constantly at .1 inch per minute. Wake up on the other side of the bed.

"Hey dude, I finally rolled off my bed"

"I do it everyday" - The .1 ip/s conveyor bed user

✨FNIGE✨

3 minutes ago, Arika S said:

this is dumb

Have you dealt with bed hoggers yet?

✨FNIGE✨

2 minutes ago, SlimyPython said:

yes. and this is dumb

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

3 minutes ago, Arika S said:

yes. and this is dumb

But would it fix it

✨FNIGE✨

8 minutes ago, SlimyPython said:

But would it fix it

Unlikely, besides then you're being jostled around by your bed when it needs to move, it also wouldn't work well with blankets on you. What if the sheets or blanket gets caught in the gaps. It creates more problems than it potentially solves 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

The fact someone in Ford's Design Studio actually got approved to make this screams to me that someone that could approve this has a "cuddler" for a spouse. Haha

it's all fun and spooning until someone loses a toe. 

Also inb4 all the personal data from this bed is sold, it's bought and de-anonymized (very easy, first name and birthday without year covers like 90% of people). It will then be sold again to your insurance company who will now know you might have sleep apnea before you are diagnosed. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Maybe it's because I am still in the lovely-dovely phase where we always sleep spooning each other, but I would find this more annoying than anything.

Besides all the issues it might have, such as things getting stuck, I don't even see how it solves the problem it set out to solve. The non-bed hogger would still be woken up and have to shift over.

The way I see it, the problem isn't "one person pushes the other out", the problem is "one person gets woken up and has to actively do something to get comfortable again". This bed doesn't solve that.

Also, what if you have this activated, and then feel like cuddling? You'd have to de-activate it or else it'd be like cuddling on a really rocky ship, constantly moving you back and forth to keep you in the center.

But this is probably just a marketing trick for Ford so who cares if it is actually a good idea...

35 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

it's all fun and spooning until someone loses a toe. 

Also inb4 all the personal data from this bed is sold, it's bought and de-anonymized (very easy, first name and birthday without year covers like 90% of people). It will then be sold again to your insurance company who will now know you might have sleep apnea before you are diagnosed.  

That would be funny, if it wasn't actually a legitimate thing that might happen.

How do you attach an electric blanket to this thing? 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I would buy this... ...if I have someone to share my bed... ?

Jokes aside, as someone who love to roll on my bed, I doubt anything will stop me from rolling all over the bed... And I highly doubt that gadget can "wake" me up enough without waking the whole house.

3 hours ago, SwagMaestro said:

Ross' hug and roll meets Barney Stinson's ho to go system

So where to hide the Playbook and The Bro Code then? 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

I'm guessing lying horizontally on this bed is like dividing by 0

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

25 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

so only possible when sleeping tangentially vertical? o_o

hope the graph joke got through ,_,

I didn't do much maths past 2+2=5

My puny brain fails to comphrehend the joke feelsbadman

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

8 hours ago, SlimyPython said:

You leave last week out of this.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Simple solution: twin beds.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

7 hours ago, mr moose said:

How do you attach an electric blanket to this thing? 

Is your house not warm? Or do you generate no heat under the covers lol.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

It's called a king size bed! It's worth every penny, and I imagine it's a whole lot cheaper than this. 

If you're sharing a bed with someone who's hogging or snoring, give them a proper elbow or a kick and then act asleep. They'll wake up and won't know what you did (hopefully). And you'll have some peace and quiet 

That's an F in the profile pic