Corsair Vengeance Memory Issue

Hello,

I have just upgrade my buddys computer from his ryzen 5 1400 to a ryzen 5 2600. The motherboard is a MSI b350m Bazooka. I have already flashed the bios to be able to support the new chip.

The processor is fine, however, he also bought 16gb of corsair vengence RGB ram,

In the bios, its shows both memory slots are populated with 8192MB of ram in each slot however, the bios is showing only 8192 mb of total ram. 

In windows, the ram shows 8GB of usable ram but says that there is 16gb of ram installed.

Am I missing something?

Yeah, I'd reseat the ram again, read manual to see it the board has certain ram layout requirements.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Make sure they're in the right slots. Just reseat the RAM to be sure.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

I have put the ram in every configuration imagineable. The board supports up to 3200 mhz but the 8GB of ram that is usable is clocked at 2133MHZ.

There has to be a issue on the software side. The modules both work because corsair ICUE sees both modules and I can control the LED's on them/

1 minute ago, Acoleman18 said:

I have put the ram in every configuration imagineable. The board supports up to 3200 mhz but the 8GB of ram that is usable is clocked at 2133MHZ.

There has to be a issue on the software side. The modules both work because corsair ICUE sees both modules and I can control the LED's on them/

You may be also need to re-seat the CPU. I had to do this once when I couldnt get a RAM slot to work at all. After reseating the CPU, it worked. As far as the speed, you always have to set that in the BIOS for whatever speed it is rated for.

Ive re seated the cpu as well as switched the processor out and tried it both ways. I am truly stuck and this is going on hour 4 now.