some may laugh, some may cry

BiggestAl

So I figured ill make a post knowing that best case scenario somebody out there is going to spit there drink on something in classic movie fashion. 

The punch line being that i call the rig i'm about to describe as a gaming rig =D

So way back in like 2010 0r 2019 somewhere in there my first computer took a dump and said by by. That "gaming rig" being a dell xps410 that i had purchased at dells recommendation after asking them for a gaming computer oh so long ago. Anyhowe, after that went the way of the dinosaur I said to myself "Alex... you should build a new one". At witch I answered myself (yes, im crazy that way) with a "Hell yea man!" 

After some discussions with friends i was pointed in the direction of the oil bath computers. I even watched Linus' video about how an applicant was bold enough to put one on his resume but Linus didn't think he would ever do a show about it lol. The project turned into a fairly large ordeal, at least for a first time builder and broke blue collar tech with no spare time.

All said and done I ended up building a custom lexan support tray to fit into a 20 gallon fish tank and frankenstein a window ac unit into an actual oil chiller and i do mean taking the ac unit apart and rebuilding the pieces into the bottom of the tank stand. 

Although it took me waaaaaay to long (thank you life) i finally have it operating and idling at 7*c typing this out.

Heres the good part. I tried overclocking it LMAO

AND fx6100 3.3 cpu, biostar ta990 motherboard, crossfired radeon r9 cards, 2 128gb ssd, and 20gb ddr3 ram and it gets a whole 369 and 62fps on cinabench lol

So yea, thats my "gaming computer" lol at least until some miracle happens and i can build the dream thats in my head now.

Hope yall at least got a chuckle out of that and thanks for reading.

welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forums!

usually we ask the community to present discussion topics to talk about things.

stories are fine for a status update (located in your profile), but kinda miss on discussional value to engage the other members to share with on the forums.

just a heads up and again welcome to the forums and enjoy your Linus Tech Tips experience.

4 hours ago, Sylvie said:

some may laugh, some may cry, welcome to the forums, BiggestAI

Thank you

83470B08-A1A5-4635-AF76-B4982A2B6417.jpeg