Tetris + 2018's Craze = Tetris 99. Nintendo releases Tetris 99, another battle royale game

Fnige
On 2/13/2019 at 9:06 PM, SlimyPython said:

Personally I have little to no care anymore for battle royale games. Epic tried to ride off of PUBG's success and made this little genre of shooter fall to the ground quicker then memes nowadays... What im surprised that this isnt a sequel of their past games... Finally nintendo, You can create new ideas 

You sound so incredibly salty over Fortnite XD

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

I downloaded it the first day and deleted it within minutes. Takes the tetris out of tetris tbh..

Was actually kinda fun watching Jonas Neubauer and his wife playing that :D

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

Sounds like Dr Mario vs mode, except with lines from the bottom instead of random drops from the top.

On 2/14/2019 at 4:06 AM, SlimyPython said:

Epic tried to ride off of PUBG's success and made this little genre of shooter fall to the ground quicker then memes nowadays...

1) Fortnite is objectively a much higher quality game than PUBG ever was and most likely ever will be. I play neither and I can see why someone might prefer the aesthetics of PUBG, but Fortnite's technical superiority is unquestionable.

2) Fortnite is one of the most successful and profitable games in history and its growth isn't slowing down.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean you have to deny the obvious...

On 2/16/2019 at 7:19 PM, Trik'Stari said:

God I want Battle Royale to die.

I think it's more of a hope? I want it to go away so developers will stop wasting time and money on it, so they can go back to making games I actually want to play.

Eh, like what? The games industry isn't really in a great place right now, if battle royales stop being popular they'll just chase whatever the next trend is or keep trying to milk the same handful of tired franchises. Just a couple of years ago it was exactly the same with hero shooters trying to be overwatch, a couple of years earlier it was MOBAs, before that it was CoD.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

4 hours ago, Sauron said:

1) Fortnite is objectively a much higher quality game than PUBG ever was and most likely ever will be. I play neither and I can see why someone might prefer the aesthetics of PUBG, but Fortnite's technical superiority is unquestionable.

2) Fortnite is one of the most successful and profitable games in history and its growth isn't slowing down.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean you have to deny the obvious...

Eh, like what? The games industry isn't really in a great place right now, if battle royales stop being popular they'll just chase whatever the next trend is or keep trying to milk the same handful of tired franchises. Just a couple of years ago it was exactly the same with hero shooters trying to be overwatch, a couple of years earlier it was MOBAs, before that it was CoD.

Personally I'd rather go back to the CoD days.

At least then Battlefield was good, not ruined by Battle Royale and microtransactions.

We really need another gaming industry crash. Let the big companies burn up to be replaced by something more intelligent and less exploitative.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

when is this guy joining?

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

On 2/20/2019 at 11:53 AM, Sauron said:

This is the issue with the games industry, they just chase trends and due to the nature of length game development, most of the trend-chasing games come out after the phase has died down. Look at HOTS for example, not to say Heroes of The Storm isn't a fine MOBA in itself but it's gradual downfall is simply because they entered the market too late. Either way, there's going to be an array of trend-chasing games for whatever the next phase is, it's inevitable.

1 hour ago, ZacoAttaco said:

This is the issue with the games industry, they just chase trends and due to the nature of length game development, most of the trend-chasing games come out after the phase has died down. Look at HOTS for example, not to say Heroes of The Storm isn't a fine MOBA in itself but it's gradual downfall is simply because they entered the market too late. Either way, there's going to be an array of trend-chasing games for whatever the next phase is, it's inevitable.

Man HOTS still boggles my mind. DOTA was a mod of Blizzard's own freaking Warcraft game, and instead of jumping right on that they do nothing and eventually, eventuallllyy get around to Heroes of the Storm, but on top of coming too late they do the stupid Blizzard trend of dumbing it down to kiddie levels for no reason whatsoever. I mean the second they lost Dota 2 to valve they should have immediately started their own and released it in like two months, even if it would have gone against the Blizzard perfection mantra. oh well

12 hours ago, Eaglerino said:

Man HOTS still boggles my mind. DOTA was a mod of Blizzard's own freaking Warcraft game, and instead of jumping right on that they do nothing and eventually, eventuallllyy get around to Heroes of the Storm, but on top of coming too late they do the stupid Blizzard trend of dumbing it down to kiddie levels for no reason whatsoever. I mean the second they lost Dota 2 to valve they should have immediately started their own and released it in like two months, even if it would have gone against the Blizzard perfection mantra. oh well

Yeah, it lasted surprisingly long considering how late to the market it was. Although I'm not sure I agree with you point about dumbing it down. Maybe it didn't work in HOTS but I think it's a formula that's worked for Blizzard in the past. From my understanding, World of Warcraft became such a phenomenon because it was a more casual MMO while still being very polished and complete. People were saying the WoW was casual compared to other offerings but in the end it became the most successful title in the genre by far and it's competition came and went.

I think the main issue again, they were too late, if anyone was interested in playing a MOBA by the time that game launched they were already playing either League of Legends or DOTA 2.

41 minutes ago, ZacoAttaco said:

Yeah, it lasted surprisingly long considering how late to the market it was. Although I'm not sure I agree with you point about dumbing it down. Maybe it didn't work in HOTS but I think it's a formula that's worked for Blizzard in the past. From my understanding, World of Warcraft became such a phenomenon because it was a more casual MMO while still being very polished and complete. People were saying the WoW was casual compared to other offerings but in the end it became the most successful title in the genre by far and it's competition came and went.

I think the main issue again, they were too late, if anyone was interested in playing a MOBA by the time that game launched they were already playing either League of Legends or DOTA 2.

WoW is even more dumbed down now than it was when it first came out. It had the Blizzard perfection meaning it was easy to play, made sense, and didn't suck, but the WoW developers have said in some uncertain terms "the players aren't smart enough for this" multiple times

HOTS was always considered the kiddie version of the MOBAs. There's no items to worry about or buy, no complicated build orders, just 3 or 4 skills to pick from in a very short 10-20 minute game when compared to Dota's or LoL's 90 minute or more games. It might have seen more success if they didn't sit around doing nothing while league of legends was doing to gaming what fortnite is doing to it today