Youtube forced content creator Rob Dyke to stop using his real name as it was a slur

Syntaxvgm
4 hours ago, poochyena said:

what? You simply said you can't survive on mobile without google play or apple store. I explain otherwise. They aren't a fluke either, there is also amazon's webstore and nutaku is fairly big.

Double what. Who's gonna install some Nutaku whatever the hell that is. Or Amazon. People go to GooglePlay or nothing. Which is why you "don't exist" unless you're listed there.

4 hours ago, poochyena said:

what? You simply said you can't survive on mobile without google play or apple store. I explain otherwise. They aren't a fluke either, there is also amazon's webstore and nutaku is fairly big.

Double what. Who's gonna install some Nutaku whatever the hell that is. Or Amazon. People go to GooglePlay or nothing. Which is why you "don't exist" unless you're listed there.

1 hour ago, Syntaxvgm said:

I can upload, share, and view videos on LTT as well.

cool

24 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

Who's gonna install some Nutaku whatever the hell that is. Or Amazon.

Anyone that wants to.

24 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

People go to GooglePlay or nothing.

So how do you explain this having 62,000 reviews?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00992CF6W/ref=s9_dcacsd_dcoop_bw_c_x_4_w?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-4&pf_rd_r=79RHBZ4ECXTNCB4T3T7J&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=b8a14fc1-ee63-4942-87af-21d9e3e103e1&pf_rd_i=2350149011

3 minutes ago, poochyena said:

cool

cool so your argument doesn't hold water. Just because a site serve video and allows you to share it doesn't make it a YT replacement . 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

cool so your argument doesn't hold water.

LTT forums video uploading capabilities are EXTREMELY limited and isn't designed in a way to support or search for a large amount of videos. You can't even search for videos on here.

Just because a site serve video and allows you to share it doesn't make it a YT replacement . 

then what does?

3 hours ago, poochyena said:

LTT forums video uploading capabilities are EXTREMELY limited and isn't designed in a way to support or search for a large amount of videos. You can't even search for videos on here.

then what does?

nothing does really. Literally the closest thing to the way youtube works is dailymotion laughably. That said, I'd think amazon has the infrastructure in their control to make a youtube replacement to happen, perhaps with the twitch branding. FB and twitter probably are closer than most, but they don't have the deep pockets to sustain years of extreme losses to get it off the ground. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

13 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

nothing does really.

i'm asking what you believe to be competition to youtube would be.

15 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

the way youtube works

The way it works. Explain that.

Does this mean I can no longer call my dikes ... dikes? (they are diagonal cutters used by electricians for those who dont know).

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

11 minutes ago, poochyena said:

i'm asking what you believe to be competition to youtube would be.

The way it works. Explain that.

providing a platform entirely based on videos serving the best place for content creators to host more than a few seconds of video in high quality, reliably, to a large potential audience. Less like vine sort of stuff, and more of a place for all kinds of content, like how tos, reviews, and all the shit like they promote I guess. 
You can't upload more than like 140 seconds at low quality to twitter. You can't even search facebook videos without logging in. Even then it's 95% facebook kinda of garbage. 

Youtube is a platform for video, that's it. Hell I'd consider I'd guess vine closer even though it was for 6 second vids. This is by design, these other platforms can't handle the sheer volume of data required to promote people trying to use it as a YouTube alternative. Not to say that can't change if someone like Amazon comes in with deep pockets and good infrastructure controlled by them (data delivery is way cheaper for google and amazon and the like), but the closest things to youtube that currently exist are dailymotion and vimeo I guess, but not really vimeo is a paid platform. 

muh specs 

All parts black

30 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

providing a platform entirely based on videos serving the best place for content creators to host more than a few seconds of video in high quality, reliably, to a large potential audience.

so... how does twitter, tumblr, vimeo, twitch, and streamable (to a degree) not fit those requirements?

40 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

You can't upload more than like 140 seconds at low quality to twitter.

It not being as good doesn't make it not a competitor. There is a huge amount of videos that are less than 140 seconds.

42 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

these other platforms can't handle the sheer volume of data required to promote people trying to use it as a YouTube alternative.

This sentence doesn't make sense. Its worded weird. They can't handle what data? to promote who?

Let me ask you this, if youtube were to completely disappear tomorrow, would people have a place to upload and share their videos? If the answer is yes, then youtube has competition. LTT could move all their videos to vimeo no problem.

56 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Does this mean I can no longer call my dikes ... dikes? (they are diagonal cutters used by electricians for those who dont know).

Dikes are just about every variant of snips, pliers, or wire/small bolt cutters under the sun. It changes between trades and industries. Super fucking annoying.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

17 minutes ago, poochyena said:

so... how does twitter, tumblr, vimeo, twitch, and streamable (to a degree) not fit those requirements?

No, of course not. 

It not being as good doesn't make it not a competitor. There is a huge amount of videos that are less than 140 seconds.

Youtube doesn't have those limitations. Really it makes twitter the least viable alternative. That would be like saying vine could replace youtube, but slightly longer clips. Don't kid yourself, 140 second 360p videos are not similar to youtube. Youtube serves nearly any video length, and even before it did in like 05 the limit was at least 10 minutes.  As I said before, if your requirement is simply serving video, LTT running on IPS4 (or about any site you can upload videos to) is closer as a platform than twitter ignoring the infrastructure requirements. 

This sentence doesn't make sense. Its worded weird. They can't handle what data? to promote who?

If they decided to promote themselves as a video platform, to "broadcast yourself" if you will, be pretty much all about the ability to do videos and nothing else, they cannot handle that volume of streaming traffic, even with their existing user bases and just converting the platform to video centric

Let me ask you this, if youtube were to completely disappear tomorrow, would people have a place to upload and share their videos? If the answer is yes, then youtube has competition. LTT could move all their videos to vimeo no problem.

the answer is no, someone would have to make large changes to their platform to take advantage of that opportunity to replace youtube. Twitch probably, just like youtube had the infrastructure to serve live streams twitch is the closest to ready to handle permanent video in that volume (probably lack the storage currently though). Unless you believe something like bitchute would catch on, and I don't.

muh specs 

All parts black

On 2/14/2019 at 4:02 AM, Syntaxvgm said:

"I found out that my videos weren't demonized as quickly, or at all, if I removed my name from the description."

No wonder

9fb0266d-75ee-472d-8cf8-c887d7655aa0_scr

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

40 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

Youtube doesn't have those limitations.

And Facebook had less features than myspace, yet they competed and facebook won. to be a competitor, you don't need to be a carbon copy. They don't even have to be similar at all to be a competitor. Any platform that draws people away from another platform is a competitor.

43 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

they cannot handle that volume of streaming traffic

They are right now...

44 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

the answer is no

44 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

twitch is the closest to ready to handle permanent video in that volume

so... yes.

4 minutes ago, poochyena said:

so... yes.

key word: closest. So...no twitch doesn't allow permanent uploads currently lol 

4 minutes ago, poochyena said:

And Facebook had less features than myspace, yet they competed and facebook won. to be a competitor, you don't need to be a carbon copy. They don't even have to be similar at all to be a competitor. Any platform that draws people away from another platform is a competitor.

But none of the other platforms actually serve the same kinda of content like FB and myspace did, sooo

Why do you think I'm talking about exact feature parity? Literally half of them dont even allow the same content! 

muh specs 

All parts black

13 minutes ago, poochyena said:

They are right now...

so... yes.

Also I'd like to add to my last post without editing like I tend to do, NicoNico is probably the most successful thing that is like youtube (or at least was), that's a good example. 

muh specs 

All parts black

9 hours ago, poochyena said:

Same game on GooglePlay has 2,617,866 reviews this moment. 62k vs 2.6m... I rest my case.

8 hours ago, RejZoR said:

Same game on GooglePlay has 2,617,866 reviews this moment. 62k vs 2.6m... I rest my case.

what do you mean you rest your case? Your case was that you don't exist if not on google play or apple store. over 62k people say otherwise.

11 hours ago, Syntaxvgm said:

twitch doesn't allow permanent uploads currently lol 

oh wow, didn't realize that

Either way, I've said it 100 times, you don't have to be similar to be competition. Really, ANY form of entertainment is competing with youtube.

1 hour ago, poochyena said:

oh wow, didn't realize that

Either way, I've said it 100 times, you don't have to be similar to be competition. Really, ANY form of entertainment is competing with youtube.

I dont think we're talking about the same competition. yes, they take screentime, but when you're looking to host content like that you'd put on youtube, or you want to search general videos like you would on youtube, there's no real replacement, which is what I'm more about here. 

muh specs 

All parts black

19 hours ago, poochyena said:

what do you mean you rest your case? Your case was that you don't exist if not on google play or apple store. over 62k people say otherwise.

Figure of speech. Do you even do it? Jesus, people either read things literally or they don't read them at all. It's like I'm writing Mandarin ffs...

4 hours ago, RejZoR said:

Figure of speech. Do you even do it? Jesus, people either read things literally or they don't read them at all. It's like I'm writing Mandarin ffs...

...then whats your point?

Youtube is becoming more of a tire fire trash heap by the day. Now giving whiny entitled SJW's a platform for enforcement of everything they find offensive to the extent of forcing take downs over a last name someone was born into without control.

How far modern society has fallen into a shit hole abyss is alarming. There desperately needs to be an alternate platform where virtue signalers are told to fuck off and cry into a pillow. 

What does windows 10 and ET have in common?

They are both constantly trying to phone home.

On 2/14/2019 at 4:01 AM, VegetableStu said:

free and protected speech refers to speech that the government cannot force removals or retractions on

youtube is not a government entity

EDIT: don't get me wrong, youtube is in the wrong here for indirectly forcing someone to change their name

i think that for monopolies, like youtube they should be treated like public utilities, after all they are the public square of the 21 th century, 

and considering how biased the media these days are in the Us and Europe, we better allow free speech or we will be running into a civil war at full throttle. (or a far left totalitarian regime)