Youtube forced content creator Rob Dyke to stop using his real name as it was a slur

Syntaxvgm

The parents should take blame as well.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

59 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

And they don't fill the same need

They provide a way to upload, share, and watch videos.

1 hour ago, Syntaxvgm said:

I think a better comparison would be that McDonalds competes with Costco.

The two of them sell food, but as completely different platforms.

costco is membership only while Mcdonalds isn't. Even is you change it to grocery store vs McDonalds they still don't fill the same needs. McDonalds provides cooked food while grocery stores provide cook that has to be cooked but can be stored long term. Its like comparing youtube and netflix.

If this doesn't convince you that tech giants are anti-free speech, I don't know what to tell you... 

32 minutes ago, bmichaels556 said:

If this doesn't convince you that tech giants are anti-free speech, I don't know what to tell you... 

youtube has been anti-free speech since 2005, before google bought it. Also, the actions of youtube in no way determine the ideas of other companies.

39 minutes ago, poochyena said:

youtube has been anti-free speech since 2005, before google bought it. Also, the actions of youtube in no way determine the ideas of other companies.

every single company out of scilicon valley banned alex jones within the same hour. they're all anti-free speech

Top 10 Reasons Everyone in 2019 is a Little Bitch, part 2 (reasons 60-30)

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

But dykes are useful. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

1 minute ago, VegetableStu said:

free and protected speech refers to speech that the government cannot force removals or retractions on

youtube is not a government entity

you don't have to be a government entity to be anti-free speech. it just means that it's not a legal issue.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

2 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

then why are people still saying "muh freee speach" at corporations and small businesses?

because you can still be mad at people to preventing you from saying what you like without it being a legislative requirement.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

14 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

free and protected speech refers to speech that the government cannot force removals or retractions on

No, thats the 1st amendment. Free speech has nothing to do with the government.

27 minutes ago, Eaglerino said:

every single company out of scilicon valley banned alex jones within the same hour. they're all anti-free speech

it was, what, 3 companies? There are hundreds if not thousands of companies based in silicon valley. Stop asserting the views of one company onto that of others.

3 hours ago, poochyena said:

Its like comparing youtube and netflix.

yes, that's the point. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

2 hours ago, poochyena said:

No, thats the 1st amendment. Free speech has nothing to do with the government.

it was, what, 3 companies? There are hundreds if not thousands of companies based in silicon valley. Stop asserting the views of one company onto that of others.

You forgot to include "worlds largest". Just like how GAB was banned by "only 2" corporations. Which both happen to be worlds largest mobile app stores, effectively entirely deplatforming a social network, just because they refuse to censor speech of any kind unless it's actual criminal activity. Because if you don't exist on GooglePlay and Apple App Store, you basically don't exist...

2 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

youtube is not a government entity

EDIT: don't get me wrong, youtube is in the wrong here for indirectly forcing someone to change their name

Right of course, but I think an individual or company can be "anti-free speech" without us talking about government. More along the lines of, "Do they support the free exchange of ideas within their company? If not, they're anti-free speech."

I'm pretty conservative and I think government has stuck its nose in A LOT of places it never should have. But I really am starting to see the argument that Google, Facebook and Twitter should be regulated as utilities in order to prevent this stuff. I'm still not bananas about it, but if protecting/forwarding individual rights in the public square is a legitimate role of government, I see it as potentially legitimate here. 

I think the biggest issue is this, and most would probably agree: The rules are not enforced uniformly, and in fact for some, depending on political leanings, there is essentially a set of "unwritten" rules that lead to bans on the fly, rather than because they violate official codes of conduct.

so how does that fair for all the dickinson's on you tubethen ?? are they guna make them change their names for having dicks in sons lol

#1:- STRIX X470-F GAMING | Ryzen 7 2700X @ 42.50mhZ | Patriot Viper Steel Series 16gb (2x8) 4000 MHz | MSI RTX 2080 GAMING TRIO | ASUS ROG RYUJIN 240 | NZXT S340 ELITE | 2X 1TB 970 EVO PLUS M.2  +  3 X 1TB FIRECUDA 2.5" HYBRID DRIVES | EVGA SUPER NOVA G3 80+GOLD 1000W | AND ENOUGH RGB TO MAKE YOUR EYES MELT 

#2:- GIGABYTE X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | RYZEN 2700X | AURUS 3200MHz | MSI GTX 1060 6GB | CIT BLAZE MID RED-BLACK | STOCK RYZEN RGB AIR COOLER | 2TB WD HDD + 500GB 970 EVO PLUS

#3:- STRIX X470-F GAMING | Ryzen 7 1800X | DOMINATOR LPX 3000MHz | STRIX 970| COOLER MASTER 240 ML | GAME MAX AURORA MID TOWER | CRUCIAL P1 1TB SSD M.2 + FIRECUDA 1TB HYBRID DRIVE

12 minutes ago, PrinceNorris said:

PewDiePie should be banned because part of his nickname can encourage suiciders.

particularly suicidal pies. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

13 hours ago, EarthWormJM2 said:

In reality tho, how hard would it be for YouTube/Google to put together a team of people (REAL people, not AI) that their sole job is to look at false claims and strikes against channels, or at bare minimum, give people that get a strike the option to contact this team for review... Too many of these issues from YouTube these days. They are gonna shot themselves in the foot they keep their current practices up.

Google gets over 2 million DMCA takedown notices a day. It is impossible to have a team of people handling that.

13 hours ago, Tsuki said:

they need to dial back the automated system a lot

Doing so would open Google up for countless of lawsuits because the DMCA dictates that they have to take action and failure to do so is grounds for lawsuits.

5 hours ago, Arika S said:

because you can still be mad at people to preventing you from saying what you like without it being a legislative requirement.

I think there is a very worrying trend that people put all their focus on "is this legal" and don't stop and ask themselves "is this the right thing to do from a moral and/or ethical standpoint".

2 hours ago, PrinceNorris said:

PewDiePie should be banned because part of his nickname can encourage suiciders.

It is also encouraging violence and genocide against people who identifies as pies.

I doubt we'd allow "PewDieJews" and yet here we are, in the current year 2019, being totally fine with "PewDiePie".

2 hours ago, PrinceNorris said:

Also "pew" is the sound stormtroopers make few times before they die. Pies are unrelated to the situation.

4 hours ago, LAwLz said:

Google gets over 2 million DMCA takedown notices a day. It is impossible to have a team of people handling that.

O.o ...didn't realize it was THAT high. But it makes sense. At minimum they could still employ a bigger/more thorough team managing and improving the algorithm for take downs and such strikes. It seems like they take a 'set it and forget it' approach to their current algorithm and only update it a few times a year.

Being more realistic, it will probably take a mass exodus of users or channels before Google thinks about raising a finger to benefit anyone other than the advertisers.

Main Rig: cpu: Intel 6600k OC @ 4.5Ghz; gpu: Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 2080 (OC'd); mb: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3; ram: 16 GB (2x8GB) 3000 G.Skill Ripjaws V; psu: EVGA 650BQ; storage: 500GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB WD Black; case: Cooler Master HAF 912; cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Lots of fans, Air!; display: 4k Samsung 42" TV, Asus MX259H 1080p audio: Schiit Audio Magni Amp w/ Audio Technica M50x

9 hours ago, Syntaxvgm said:

yes, that's the point. 

we aren't comparing youtube and netflix.

9 hours ago, RejZoR said:

if you don't exist on GooglePlay and Apple App Store, you basically don't exist...

looks at fortnite

yea, ok.

13 minutes ago, poochyena said:

looks at fortnite

yea, ok.

Yeah, comparing a social network startup to a worldwide super hyped game made by huge gaming corporation with decades of history. Seems legit comparison, don't you think?

14 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

Yeah, comparing a social network startup to a worldwide super hyped game made by huge gaming corporation with decades of history. Seems legit comparison, don't you think?

what? You simply said you can't survive on mobile without google play or apple store. I explain otherwise. They aren't a fluke either, there is also amazon's webstore and nutaku is fairly big.

1 hour ago, poochyena said:

looks at fortnite

yea, ok.

we're comparing video providers that do not fill the same function. 

muh specs 

All parts black

1 hour ago, Syntaxvgm said:

we're comparing video providers that do not fill the same function. 

Can you upload, share, and view videos on all the services I mentioned?

30 minutes ago, poochyena said:

Can you upload, share, and view videos on all the services I mentioned?

I can upload, share, and view videos on LTT as well.

You can even like this video, comment on this post, and follow my profile. 

muh specs 

All parts black