Screen tearing turned into suttering

Chippyz

So I got a new GPU, I had some problems with it I fixed all of that. And with fps being 100+ I had screen tearing but then one day I had a driver problem(some apps not working and crashing) so I decided to reinstall windows and since then I have no screen tearing but it feels like everything around me is stuttering until I turn on VSYNC. Screen tearing was FAR less distracting that this. It happens in every game and sometimes it feels like 30 fps. Heck even ROBLOX sutters. Here's an example: 

GPU: RX 590
CPU: i5 4460
MB: GA-H97-D3H
HDD: WD 1TB
RAM: 8GB 1600MHz HyperX
PSU: SeaSonic 750W Focus Plus Platinum

What I tried so far:

Reinstalling windows(twice), different hdmi cable, integrated graphics, my friend's gpu,my friend's ram,messing around AMD settings,messing around BIOS, DDU(a lot of times)

Try testing PC for frame skipping. I've had this issue before, same symptoms, everything felt as if it was running at 30fps (Even moving Windows on desktop) etc. Just google 'Frame skipping test'

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

4 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

Try testing PC for frame skipping. I've had this issue before, same symptoms, everything felt as if it was running at 30fps (Even moving Windows on desktop) etc. Just google 'Frame skipping test'

Okay, I will try this right now, btw how did you fix it in the end?

1 minute ago, Chippyz said:

It doesn't help much that you have only 8GB RAM and no SSD.  Upgrade to 16GB RAM and a SSD.  Then run DDU " Driver download uninstaller in safe mode.  Then your back up in normal mode now install the latest WHQL graphics driver and let us know.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

2 minutes ago, Chippyz said:

By getting Gsync monitor. Before that I was using AMD card and FreeSync Monitor, but as it turned out, my Nvidia card did not like my AMD monitor

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

11 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

By getting Gsync monitor. Before that I was using AMD card and FreeSync Monitor, but as it turned out, my Nvidia card did not like my AMD monitor

It was all normal on the test. I used 2 phones and a Canon g5x and it looked completely normal and yes it's a freesync monitor but it's happening on my tv too and my friednd's tv and I even put his GPU and ram in my computer and it was same.

18 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

It doesn't help much that you have only 8GB RAM and no SSD.  Upgrade to 16GB RAM and a SSD.  Then run DDU " Driver download uninstaller in safe mode.  Then your back up in normal mode now install the latest WHQL graphics driver and let us know.

I'm looking forward to an SSD, RAM is not an issue as ROBLOX doesn't even use 1GB.

I will get a new SSD soon and I will post results.

If your monitor has a high refresh rate, and freesync is on... the system will try to insert extra frames to keep the frame rate high... but if the CPU and card cannot keep up... it causes stuttering.

Try turning freesync of and see if the problem smooths out.

Another trick is turn of DCHP on all monitors and test again.

I'd put money on that being the cause rather than a lack of ram or ssd.

System 1: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro, Ryzen 5 2600X, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz, Sapphire 5700XT, 250GB NVME WD Black, 2x Crucial MX5001TB, 2x Seagate 3TB, H115i AIO, Sharkoon BW9000 case with corsair ML fans, EVGA G2 Gold 650W Modular PSU, liteon bluray/dvd/rw.. NO RGB aside from MB and AIO pump. Triple 27" Monitor setup (1x 144hz, 2x 75hz, all freesync/freesync 2)

System 2: Asus M5 MB, AMD FX8350, 16GB DDR3, Sapphire RX580, 30TB of storage, 250GB SSD, Silverstone HTPC chassis, Corsair 550W Modular PSU, Noctua cooler, liteon bluray/dvd/rw, 4K HDR display (Samsung TV)

System 3 & 4: nVidia shield TV (2017 & 2019) Pro with extra 128GB samsung flash drives.

6 minutes ago, Anomnomnomaly said:

If your monitor has a high refresh rate, and freesync is on... the system will try to insert extra frames to keep the frame rate high... but if the CPU and card cannot keep up... it causes stuttering.

Try turning freesync of and see if the problem smooths out.

Another trick is turn of DCHP on all monitors and test again.

I'd put money on that being the cause rather than a lack of ram or ssd.

Already tried this and I also tried other screens and it was the same even on my integrated GPU and even with my friend's GPU and RAM at his house and his tv. And I did the frame skipping test and it was all fine. I still have to get an SSD as my HDD struggles in some games making fps drops while loading new stuff.

Also, for some reason It's not always there. It comes back and goes away. In PC builder simulator even with VSYNC, stutters for like 10 seconds and then it's smooth the next 3 mins and then again stutters for like 10 seconds, and goes away.