Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lookpuppy

How cold is to cold

Posted · Original PosterOP
15 hours ago, ApusDot said:

Not to get too personal, but your father's EX girlfriend? How is she his ex-girlfriend and still live with you/him? lol. I know I'm being too nosy, but I had to ask.

We are moving soon

I hAve an unfinished pc build. Pls dont bully for not having one yet or i cry.

The only thing you have to worry about is humidity. If its hella humid eventually you'll get some slight corrosion on the solder joints and maybe even the case if its unpainted but honestly it will be fine.

[Desktop][i7 3960X @ 4.3Ghz][P9X79 Deluxe][16GB DDR3 1866Mhz][GTX 1080Ti Fe][1TB 850 Evo][Win 10 Pro]
[Laptop][Pavilion Gaming 15t][i7 8750H @ -128 undervolt][8GB DDR4 2666M Mhz][GTX 1060 Max-Q][1TB WD Blue 3D Nand SSD][Win 10 Pro]

I would say stop moping and use your time to learn some basic physics. Condensation isn't issue since its not running. Condensation happens when you have hot and cold surfaces in contact, hot surface on cold air or cold surface in hot air. So when you get it back inside, let it warm up good before powering it.

Next up is warping. What the hell? Thats what might happen on extreme heat, not cold. You have the thing completely upside down. Coolness shrinks stuff, hotness expands them. The way basic thermometers work. Some plastic parts might crack if temps drop under -25C. But again, let it warm up and everything is fine.

One thing you could do, if you allowed to approach it. Drain PSU. Meaning you go and push power button once. That clears any remaining charge. Also if you could pack it inside cardboard box (gathers moist), that keeps it safer.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

15 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I would say stop moping and use your time to learn some basic physics. Condensation isn't issue since its not running. Condensation happens when you have hot and cold surfaces in contact, hot surface on cold air or cold surface in hot air. So when you get it back inside, let it warm up good before powering it.

Next up is warping. What the hell? Thats what might happen on extreme heat, not cold. You have the thing completely upside down. Coolness shrinks stuff, hotness expands them. The way basic thermometers work. Some plastic parts might crack if temps drop under -25C. But again, let it warm up and everything is fine.

One thing you could do, if you allowed to approach it. Drain PSU. Meaning you go and push power button once. That clears any remaining charge. Also if you could pack it inside cardboard box (gathers moist), that keeps it safer.

So when I take it inside from the extreme cold it will be very wet! Thanks for telling me something I already knew.

2 minutes ago, lookpuppy said:

So when I take it inside from the extreme cold it will be very wet! Thanks for telling me something I already knew.

If you knew that, then you have misunderstood something. From maybe -10C (if its that cold in place where it is) to room temp of 20-25C is not hot enough to create massive condensation. It won't be instant. Its not like going from -15C air to 100C sauna where humidity is nearing 80%.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Hey guys I just brought my PC inside from 23 farenhieght and was wondering how long I should wait 

Seriously, you've seen linus and friends pour liquid nitrogen on only ONE part of the board and you're worried about a little bit of freezing temps? 

No.... no... your computer will be fine. Since it's likely winter where you live, you likely have the heat on in the house, which means it's probably dryish in the house, meaning you won't get much (if any) condensation, even if you turn it on directly from the outside. 

9 hours ago, lookpuppy said:

Hey guys I just brought my PC inside from 23 farenhieght and was wondering how long I should wait 

You should be good now.

Emma : i7 8700K @5.0Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200Mhz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB M.2 (RAID 0) - EVGA Supernova 650 P2 - Fractal Design Define R6 - AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz - Mackie CR5BT - Logitech G910, G502, G933 - Cooler Master Universal Graphics Card Holder

Plex : Ryzen 5 1600 (stock) - Gigabyte B450M-DS3H - G. Skill Ripjaws V 8GB 2400Mhz - GeForce 8800GTS 640MB - 840 EVO 256GB + Toshiba P300 3TB - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi - Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500 - Antec Nine Hundred - Dell 19" 4:3

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 - i7 7700HQ, 16GB 2400 MHz RAM, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

On 2/18/2019 at 12:26 AM, corrado33 said:

Seriously, you've seen linus and friends pour liquid nitrogen on only ONE part of the board and you're worried about a little bit of freezing temps? 

No.... no... your computer will be fine. Since it's likely winter where you live, you likely have the heat on in the house, which means it's probably dryish in the house, meaning you won't get much (if any) condensation, even if you turn it on directly from the outside. 

I don’t watch extreme cooling videos and besides that stuff is very well controlled and they can’t get it on other parts.