32"+ monitors

Yifti

Hi!

So I am looking for a new ultrawide.

I will use it in pair with my current lg flatron ips226(very very old monitor, few records on the internet of it).

It needs to be 32"+, freesync. Also Acer is out of the equation since we don't have that here(Israel). I prefer curved. I'm using an Asus dual RX580 O8G. Please take into consideration the specs. Also I'm looking at the Samsung 49" monitor. Will prob cost like 2k$+ here, which is double my system. Maybe I can order from Newegg, but IDK shipping.

Thanks people!

Bepis

BEPIS

Bepis BEPIS

BEPIS Bepis

BEEEEEEEEPIS

If you are looking at the Samsung CF791 you might have issues. I went through 4 different models of it, and every one had major issues getting the monitor to display picture. I ended up returning it after the 4th exchange and 4+ hours of phone time with Samsung. 

1 minute ago, Sorenson said:

If you are looking at the Samsung CF791 you might have issues. I went through 4 different models of it, and every one had major issues getting the monitor to display picture. I ended up returning it after the 4th exchange and 4+ hours of phone time with Samsung. 

I looked at the CHG90, the 49" one. But IDK, any other recommendation? Not necessarily Samsung.

Bepis

BEPIS

Bepis BEPIS

BEPIS Bepis

BEEEEEEEEPIS

49 is just waaaay overkill for 1080p, all your games will look like minecraft.

My recommendation would be LG 34UC79G

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

The Asus Strix XG35VQ looks good. The main things to look for are panel type and brightness.

For panel type, tn gives the fastest response but poor colors and off angle viewing, IPS gives the best color but has slower response time and lower contrast, VA is Similar to IPS but with slightly worse viewing angles but better contrast and response time. 

For brightness I usually consider 300 nits to be the minimum for a monitor I'll consider buying. 

21 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

49 is just waaaay overkill for 1080p, all your games will look like minecraft.

My recommendation would be LG 34UC79G

Yeah, thought bout it. Also thought about the 34UC79G. Seems to be an amazing monitor. Isn't it typed 34UC79G-B?

Bepis

BEPIS

Bepis BEPIS

BEPIS Bepis

BEEEEEEEEPIS

2 minutes ago, Yifti said:

Yeah, thought bout it. Also thought about the 34UC79G. Seems to be an amazing monitor. Isn't it typed 34UC79G-B?

Might be. When I was buying Gsync version of this monitor, online sellers were 50/50 on adding "-B" part. Some had it, some didn't.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

7 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

Might be. When I was buying Gsync version of this monitor, online sellers were 50/50 on adding "-B" part. Some had it, some didn't.

Ok. You have that monitor? Pros? Cons? And I'm guessing the only difference is the gsync/freesync so you can comment on it?

Bepis

BEPIS

Bepis BEPIS

BEPIS Bepis

BEEEEEEEEPIS

1 hour ago, Yifti said:

Ok. You have that monitor? Pros? Cons? And I'm guessing the only difference is the gsync/freesync so you can comment on it?

Great monitor. Comes color calibrated from the factory. IPS panel so colors are great. Small curve is not noticeable when sitting in front of it though, so if you're into curves, look elsewhere.

Brightness and contrast are great. There is a small amount of backlight bleed on the bottom left corner, but nothing severe.

Menu is top notch, easy to navigate and plenty of options, even little cheating tool that allows you to put crosshair in the centre of the screen.

10 hours ago, PopsicleHustler said:

Great monitor. Comes color calibrated from the factory. IPS panel so colors are great. Small curve is not noticeable when sitting in front of it though, so if you're into curves, look elsewhere.

Brightness and contrast are great. There is a small amount of backlight bleed on the bottom left corner, but nothing severe.

Menu is top notch, easy to navigate and plenty of options, even little cheating tool that allows you to put crosshair in the centre of the screen.

Sorry you saying cop or drop? Also consider for me it costs 621$, but everything is overpriced here.

Bepis

BEPIS

Bepis BEPIS

BEPIS Bepis

BEEEEEEEEPIS