Can you connect your laptop screen to your desktop GPU?

PaN_da
Go to solution Solved by Adorable Cat,

you can, you have to buy a specific controller board (you can search "specific model number of you laptops panel" HDMI controller and find one) they're not too expensive to find on like ebay (for example, here's an ended listing for a B156XW02 V.2 panel: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/kit-for-B156XW02-V-2-HDMI-DVI-VGA-LCD-LED-Controller-Driver-Board-/122228046410?hash=item1c755bfa4a:g:GcwAAOSwx2dYFdW7)

If you tell what laptop it is you have, I could maybe help you find the right controller

I currently have a laptop sitting around collecting dust. Since I was looking for a third monitor I was wondering if I could disconnect the screen from my laptop and somehow connect it to my GPU to use it as a third monitor? Are there adapters for that? Or do I have to make something myself? What about the power for the screen? Any help or tips appreciated

you can, you have to buy a specific controller board (you can search "specific model number of you laptops panel" HDMI controller and find one) they're not too expensive to find on like ebay (for example, here's an ended listing for a B156XW02 V.2 panel: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/kit-for-B156XW02-V-2-HDMI-DVI-VGA-LCD-LED-Controller-Driver-Board-/122228046410?hash=item1c755bfa4a:g:GcwAAOSwx2dYFdW7)

If you tell what laptop it is you have, I could maybe help you find the right controller

Specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 3700X @4.4Ghz, GPU: Gigabyte RX 5700 XT, RAM: 32 GB (2x 8GB Trident Z Royal + 2x 8GB TForce Vulkan Z) @3000Mhz, Motherboard: ASRock B550m Steel Legend, Storage: 1x WD Black 1Tb NVMe (boot) + 1x Samsung 860 QVO 1Tb SSD (storage), Case: Thermaltake Core V21, Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

11 minutes ago, Adorable Cat said:

Ohhh thank you a lot! I'll try that out, will probably just have to find a way to make it look pretty now haha!

• 2 months later...

Hi, I have a dell Inspiron 15-3521 display and I want to connect it to my computer. I can’t find a display adapter. The connector on the motherboard says 1349. If you could plz help find a adapter to connect it to my desktop that will be great! Btw my rear camera on my phone no worky 

image.jpg

image.jpg