Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sushimus

How to config defaults on LTT forum?

That kind of thing isn't a thing with any forum software that I'm aware of. Maybe look at some forum extension instead.

Posted · Original PosterOP

As far as I've looked this isn't a thing but can I change my default font size and font to be something else? Like say I wanted to use size 14 comic sans without being ironic, can I config that as the default? Im asking because when you go to change the font it lists a default option

-Undeniably Indie

I think you have to set it up every time. There might be stuff in the coding (very general, I don't know much about coding) that would let you do it but you would probably have to set something up so you could change the code each time.

PSU Tier List

PCs and other things:

Spoiler

Current PC

CPU: AMD A8-6600k (@4.2Ghz)

GPU: GTX 1070Ti 8gb FTW2 iCX

Motherboard: GA-F2A78M-HD2 

RAM: 8gb Patriot DDR3-1600mhz

Storage: Samsung 830 EVO 120gb, WD Blue 1tb 7200RPM 

PSU: SeaSonicM12II 620w (I wish I didn't buy this)

Peripherals: Logitech G305//Corsair K55 RGB 

Displays: Asus MG248QR//Dell 1905FP

Spoiler

New PC (getting parts)

CPU: i7-8086k [✓]

Cooling: EVGA CLC 280 RGB [✓]

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070Ti 8gb FTW2 iCX [✓]

Mobo: GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO [✓]

RAM: XPG SPEXTRIX X41 2666mhz (Grey) [✓]

Storage: T-Force Delta 250gb, WD Blue 1tb 7200RPM [✓]

PSU: 650w+ and ranked well

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C White

Peripherals: Logitech G305//Corsair K55 RGB [✓]

Displays: Asus MG248QR//Dell 1905FP [✓]

Extra: Sky blue front panel, sky blue cable extensions [✓]

Spoiler

Other

Phone: Huawei Mate 10 Lite (China steal my data???)

Dog: Irish Water Spaniel, Lucy, 9 years old (I didn't know what to write)

School Laptop: Acer Chromebook R11 ((less RAM than my phone)

No.

Nobody wants to see that, that's why this is default.

My sound system costs more than my PC.        Check out my S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Intel i7 4790k | ASUS GTX770 | ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB | NZXT S340 | Seasonic Platinum 760 | modded H100i | Ducky ONE White TKL RGB | Logitech MX Master 2S | 2x Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | WD Red 4TB Samsung 58" 4k TV | 2x Behringer NEKKST K8 | BIC Acoustech H-100II | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Posted · Best Answer

That kind of thing isn't a thing with any forum software that I'm aware of. Maybe look at some forum extension instead.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

9 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Even if he makes some custom extension that will do it the moderators will still ask him to stop, because this is a public forum and everyone else has to read the text, not just the one person writing it.

My sound system costs more than my PC.        Check out my S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Intel i7 4790k | ASUS GTX770 | ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB | NZXT S340 | Seasonic Platinum 760 | modded H100i | Ducky ONE White TKL RGB | Logitech MX Master 2S | 2x Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | WD Red 4TB Samsung 58" 4k TV | 2x Behringer NEKKST K8 | BIC Acoustech H-100II | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Even if he makes some custom extension that will do it the moderators will still ask him to stop, because this is a public forum and everyone else has to read the text, not just the one person writing it.

Thought the above was a joke, noted

So why have the option to change at all aside from like bold and stuff? And the one text for quoting?

-Undeniably Indie

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

There's no rule against using font, size or color you like. And never will be as thats just stupid rule. There are things like being excessive, I think you understand what I mean with that.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just now, LoGiCalDrm said:

There's no rule against using font, size or color you like. And never will be as thats just stupid rule. There are things like being excessive, I think you understand what I mean with that.

Okay thats what I was kinda thinking too, like size 14 sans isn't nearly as bad as size 96 [insert font] with colourmatic and stuff

-Undeniably Indie

42 minutes ago, ActuallyMediocreOC said:

Thought the above was a joke, noted

So why have the option to change at all aside from like bold and stuff? And the one text for quoting?

40 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

It's for when you need to make a long post and format things in a certain way, add emphasis on certain parts, make subtitles, etc etc etc

It is not for making literally everything you post a different font and colour just to be 'different' from everyone else.

There's no written rule for it because that's called forum etiquette and everyone even remotely intelligent already knows this kind of stuff.

Spoiler

41 minutes ago, Enderman said:

It's for when you need to make a long post and format things in a certain way, add emphasis on certain parts, make subtitles, etc etc etc

It is not for making literally everything you post a different font and colour just to be 'different' from everyone else.

There's no written rule for it because that's called forum etiquette and everyone even remotely intelligent already knows this kind of stuff.

Gotcha, I'll be sure to use this just because I want to be different. I definitely don't take notes and stuff in this font because it's nicer to read, that'd be unintelligent. On a more serious note if there is on written rule and Im not using colours and bold faced text like your signature on literally all of your posts Im sure Ill be fine. Just gotta make sure I don't be unintelligent about that. Be crazy if all my posts had crazy colours and distracting fonts, espically if I called someone else inferior for asking about using something less distracting.

-Undeniably Indie

52 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Are you having a bad day or something? Most people don't use fonts, colors etc. because they are lazy, not because they want to be nice. Comic Sans is pretty much only font that people universally hate. Using black/dark font color would render it invisible on night there, same with yellow/white/light on day theme. Using big font size is only that moderators might need to edit as that gets hard to read on mobile.

Otherwise we are talking about same things as using l33tsp33k, not using paragraphs or full sentences, WRITING ALL CAPS etc. which are imo worse and still mods don't track them down. So if it offends you, so be it. It doesn't offend me, but I might comment about those things if place or use of them isn't suitable.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

There's no functionality to make it default, but we're not going to stop you from using it. However, bear in mind that Comic Sans is not a universally supported font - on my computer, your post looks like this:

image.png

It is legible, but reading it is far less easy than the default Helvetica, and makes me more likely to just scroll past without trying to read it.

I don't work for Floatplane Media, so any Floatplane comments that I make are my own and may be incorrect or in conflict with the official view.

For Floatplane support, please use the wizard linked in this topic

1 hour ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Are you having a bad day or something? Most people don't use fonts, colors etc. because they are lazy, not because they want to be nice. Comic Sans is pretty much only font that people universally hate. Using black/dark font color would render it invisible on night there, same with yellow/white/light on day theme. Using big font size is only that moderators might need to edit as that gets hard to read on mobile.

Otherwise we are talking about same things as using l33tsp33k, not using paragraphs or full sentences, WRITING ALL CAPS etc. which are imo worse and still mods don't track them down. So if it offends you, so be it. It doesn't offend me, but I might comment about those things if place or use of them isn't suitable.

People don't use random fonts and colours because it's respectful to literally everyone else who is reading the forum.

If you have some sort of eye condition that requires you to have big text or other colours then there are options to change it on your end through style sheets or simply pressing CTRL '+' to zoom in.

This will change it on your end without making it look like crap to everyone else.

Spoiler

2 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

There's no functionality to make it default, but we're not going to stop you from using it. However, bear in mind that Comic Sans is not a universally supported font - on my computer, your post looks like this:

image.png

It is legible, but reading it is far less easy than the default Helvetica, and makes me more likely to just scroll past without trying to read it.

Out of curiousity what are you using that makes this happen? I know when I was coding html alot comic sans seemed like a safe choice from what I could find, not that I ultimately used it I just got very close

-Undeniably Indie

1 hour ago, ActuallyMediocreOC said:

Out of curiousity what are you using that makes this happen? I know when I was coding html alot comic sans seemed like a safe choice from what I could find, not that I ultimately used it I just got very close

This is Firefox on Linux (Fedora 29). but it's the same in Chrome on Android too. Chrome on Linux uses a serif font instead (think Times New Roman).

I don't work for Floatplane Media, so any Floatplane comments that I make are my own and may be incorrect or in conflict with the official view.

For Floatplane support, please use the wizard linked in this topic

just set a font in firefox options and untick the box make any web pages look how u want for yourself

sofunnysososo.PNG

xtra lol.PNG

#1:- STRIX X470-F GAMING | Ryzen 7 2700X @ 42.50mhZ | Patriot Viper Steel Series 16gb (2x8) 4000 MHz | MSI RTX 2080 GAMING TRIO | ASUS ROG RYUJIN 240 | NZXT S340 ELITE | 2X 1TB 970 EVO PLUS M.2  +  3 X 1TB FIRECUDA 2.5" HYBRID DRIVES | EVGA SUPER NOVA G3 80+GOLD 1000W | AND ENOUGH RGB TO MAKE YOUR EYES MELT 

#2:- GIGABYTE X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | RYZEN 2700X | AURUS 3200MHz | MSI GTX 1060 6GB | CIT BLAZE MID RED-BLACK | STOCK RYZEN RGB AIR COOLER | 2TB WD HDD + 500GB 970 EVO PLUS

#3:- STRIX X470-F GAMING | Ryzen 7 1800X | DOMINATOR LPX 3000MHz | STRIX 970| COOLER MASTER 240 ML | GAME MAX AURORA MID TOWER | CRUCIAL P1 1TB SSD M.2 + FIRECUDA 1TB HYBRID DRIVE