Phishing Emails & YouTube Messages - Fake Giveaway Read more... ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xsin122

Can i run 144hz and a 60hz monitor?\

1 minute ago, xsin122 said:

I have a 1060 gtx 6gbs and i was wondering if i can run a 144hz monitor and a 60hz monitor? 

Yes. I run both a 144hz monitor and a 60hz smart TV and it works perfectly.

CPU: INTEL Core i7 4790k @ 4.7Ghz - Cooling: NZXT Kraken X61 - Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X SLI - RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ares 2400mhz - GPU: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury 4G - Case: Phanteks P350X - PSU: EVGA 750GQ - Storage: WD Black 1TB - Fans: 2x Noctua NF-P14s (Push) / 2x Corsair AF140 (Pull) / 3x Corsair AF120 (Exhaust) - Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red - Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma

Bit of an AMD fan I suppose. I don't bias my replies to anything however, I just prefer AMD and their products. Buy whatever the H*CK you want. 

---QUOTE ME OR I WILL LIKELY NOT REPLY---

To my knowledge you cannot run different frequencies on different monitors. Whenever I switch to dual monitors my main monitor drops to 60 hz instead of the normal 144. I'm wrong.

And as for games, your 1060 won't be able to push 144 unless it's an e-sports game anyway, so you're going to have to run lower for games anyway.

-= Moved to Displays =-

Tech News Posting Guidelines - READ BEFORE POSTING | Community Standards | Forum Staff

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ | F@H Contribution | My Rig | Project Steamroller

Spoiler

†  

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.

~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "the best way to learn is to teach" ~ Benjamin Jantz

I am a StarCitizen are you? My ships: Aegis Eclipse, Aegis Sabre, Aegis Gladius, Aopoa Nox, KI P52 Merlin, KI P72 Archimedes and the RSI Constellation Aquila.

My Phones are a Nokia Lumia 925 with WM10 and a Microsoft Lumia 950 XL with WM10 running the Fast Ring insider updates. Broke :(

Samsung Note 9 and a Samsung S9+

About Myself:   https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/229093-sansvarnic/?tab=field_core_pfield_46

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

4 minutes ago, xsin122 said:

I have a 1060 gtx 6gbs and i was wondering if i can run a 144hz monitor and a 60hz monitor? 

Yes you can run both monitors at the same time on the same pc.

Just do not expect your gpu to output two different framerates.

Tech News Posting Guidelines - READ BEFORE POSTING | Community Standards | Forum Staff

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ | F@H Contribution | My Rig | Project Steamroller

Spoiler

†  

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.

~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

~ Winston Churchill

I am a StarCitizen are you? My ships: Aegis Eclipse, Aegis Sabre, Aegis Gladius, Aopoa Nox, KI P52 Merlin, KI P72 Archimedes and the RSI Constellation Aquila.

My Phones are a Nokia Lumia 925 with WM10 and a Microsoft Lumia 950 XL with WM10 running the Fast Ring insider updates. Broke :(

About Myself:   https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/229093-sansvarnic/?tab=field_core_pfield_46

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

2 minutes ago, xsin122 said:

I have a 165Hz and a pair of 60Hz monitors either side of it, they all coexist perfectly happily. If you find that your 144Hz monitor doesn't want to actually do 144Hz, you may have to select the refresh rate directly, either in a game or the control panel, or both.

2 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

I thought the same, see my above post. Then I turned on my 2nd display and it was at 60 Hz while my main sat at 144 happily enough. And yes, I confirmed it by dragging a window around.

Posted · Original PosterOP

So if im play a game on the main monitor (144hz). And i have stream or video going on the second monitor. would there a huger drop in frames on the main monitor?

8 minutes ago, xsin122 said:

So if im play a game on the main monitor (144hz). And i have stream or video going on the second monitor. would there a huger drop in frames on the main monitor?

You'll only see a drop in frame rate if your computer doesn't have enough resources to do everything you're asking it to. Not simply because one display is running at a faster refresh rate than the other. Also bear in mind that your 144Hz monitor needs to be connected to an output capable of that.

12 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

I thought the same, see my above post. Then I turned on my 2nd display and it was at 60 Hz while my main sat at 144 happily enough. And yes, I confirmed it by dragging a window around.

It will and can but just dont expect it to with heavy loads. A game or program my force the monitors to sync. This is not my area of expertise so take it with a grain of salt...

9 minutes ago, xsin122 said:

I would say no, but I cannot say with certainty.

Spoiler

†  

~ Abraham Lincoln

~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I'm running a 144Hz and 60Hz monitor and it works fine. Mostly.

There's a bug in Windows 10 (introduced probably around 1709 or 1803) that hasn't been fixed yet that makes it so that if you're playing back a video on the slower monitor, it makes videos on the faster monitor choppy. I fixed this by overclocking my 60Hz monitor to 75Hz but just be aware of that.

Officially LTT's 'coolest' member (yes, that's a pun)

The w is pronounced like v, if you're wondering!

Please quote me so I can see that you replied.

Spoiler

Current rig (Ninetales):

Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.7GHz, ASUS Strix GTX 1070 (8GB), 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000, Windows 10 Pro x64

Laptop (Vulpix): 

Intel Core i7-7700HQ, GeForce GTX 1060 (6GB), 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4-2400, Windows 10 Pro x64
More detailed specs on my profile.

On 4/17/2017 at 5:36 PM, Ryan_Vickers said:

Rawr9 Furry Sex

36 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

It will and can but just dont expect it to with heavy loads. A game or program my force the monitors to sync. This is not my area of expertise so take it with a grain of salt...

Ah ok. Personally I don't typically run another monitor when I'm gaming, and if I do it's with my other computer.

12 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

Well I'm monitoring this and seems solved by newest drivers,  it was a issue with windows desktop manager that forces everything at lowest frequency when playing a video on the secondary screen or so... I had tons of headaches sorting this, but now seems to be fine (like 2 months ago new driver update solved for me) 

Just try to play a youtube video on the secondary  while gaming , If it stutter your game try to move the video to your main monitor, thats the main issue for me (playing 2 years with a 1070 + 165hz 1440p monitor + 60hz 1080p) but now its solved it seems (Idk if its windows patch or nvidia just be up to date on those)

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.