Can we get a “dark mode” for the intro pppleeaasseee

Srius1
Go to solution Solved by Slottr,
1 minute ago, Srius1 said:

I watch YouTube on my tv not my pc like some pleb in thier mommies basement.

So turn on a light

Or are you scared of waking mommy 

That white light of the intro just burns my eyeballs when watching your videos late at night, any way you guys can dark mode it?

• CPU 12900k   Motherboard Asus z690 prime RAM 32gb gskill 3200 trident z GPU Msi suprim RTX3080 wekwb block Case 011 dynamic PSU Evga gq  850w 1tb NVME m.2 boot drive

Why not just get something like f.lux or simply skip it?

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

no. because that's not how videos work, you cant tell youtube to play one file if dark mode is selected and one file if it's not. turn your monitor brightness down or watch it a well lit room.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

On 2/12/2019 at 9:10 PM, Cyberspirit said:

Why not just get something like f.lux or simply skip it?

F.lix on my 4k tv? lol. No they need to just change it and make the background black and keep everything else the same. Skipping is an option sure but not every video has it

On 2/12/2019 at 9:10 PM, Arika S said:

no. because that's not how videos work, you cant tell youtube to play one file if dark mode is selected and one file if it's not. turn your monitor brightness down or watch it a well lit room.

I’m saying they should scrap,the ‘old” white intro and make a new one so it’s dark mode all the time.

• CPU 12900k   Motherboard Asus z690 prime RAM 32gb gskill 3200 trident z GPU Msi suprim RTX3080 wekwb block Case 011 dynamic PSU Evga gq  850w 1tb NVME m.2 boot drive

I’m saying they should scrap,the ‘old” white intro and make a new one so it’s dark mode all the time.

So are you going to pay the bill?

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Invert colors

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

2 minutes ago, Srius1 said:

why? if it's hurting your eyes, then you need to change your watching habits.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

On 2/12/2019 at 9:14 PM, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

So are you going to pay the bill?

. If they don’t want to change it fine...they can just cut it out. Not really a fan of intros in YouTube videos anyways. Wasted time.

On 2/12/2019 at 9:16 PM, Arika S said:

why? if it's hurting your eyes, then you need to change your watching habits.

It’s fine during the day but after 10 ish if the lights are dim and I’m watching thier videos it’s just insanely bright...even with my TVs brightness on minimal settings, 

Just now, Srius1 said:

. If they don’t want to change it fine...they can just cut it out. Not really a fan of intros in YouTube videos anyways. Wasted time.

That's what the seek bar is for. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

5 minutes ago, Srius1 said:

F.lix on my 4k tv? lol. No they need to just change it and make the background black and keep everything else the same. Skipping is an option sure but not every video has it

Then you either skip it or, lower the brightness of your TV I guess. They aren't going to change it just because one person complained about it.

Maybe if a lot of people requested it they would but, I doubt it.

On 2/12/2019 at 9:19 PM, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

That's what the seek bar is for. 

On 2/12/2019 at 9:19 PM, Cyberspirit said:

Then you either skip it or, lower the brightness of your TV I guess. They aren't going to change it just because one person complained about it.

Maybe if a lot of people requested it they would but, I doubt it.

I bet other people have thought about complaining but just never bothered to tell them. Again NOT an issue during the day but at night time it’s jarrign and enough of an issue I won’t watch their videos late at night just because of it. Especially since their colors in the videos are amazing and very good.

So turn on a light

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Its not a bad idea, great suggestion 

Modern TVs have seek available, try a chromecast or Apple TV.

Come one now, no need to be like that.

Again NOT an issue during the day but at night time it’s jarrign and enough of an issue I won’t watch their videos late at night just because of it. Especially since their colors in the videos are amazing and very good.

You could get some dimmable lights maybe.

6 minutes ago, Srius1 said:

It’s fine during the day but after 10 ish if the lights are dim and I’m watching thier videos it’s just insanely bright...even with my TVs brightness on minimal settings, 

then either turn on a light, or don't watch them after dark. or do you also complain about movies that are shot in the day time and have bright lights and explosions?

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

On 2/12/2019 at 9:23 PM, Slottr said:

So turn on a light

Okay that was pretty funny and made me laugh. 

My lights are on but but they are dimmed, so is my tvs brightness, also dimmed. But the white is soooo bright its like shining a flashlight right in your eyeballs.

On 2/12/2019 at 9:25 PM, Arika S said:

then either turn on a light, or don't watch them after dark. or do you also complain about movies that are shot in the day time and have bright lights and explosions?

I don’t watch movies at night time when I’m trying to unwind so not really an issue. But yes... I just don’t watch them after night, it got me today because they posted a Radeon 7 review which I wanted to see then BAM! I got hit.

On 2/12/2019 at 9:24 PM, Cyberspirit said:

Come one now, no need to be like that.

You could get some dimmable lights maybe.

I do have dimmable lights...also tvs dimmed. It’s just so bright it’s super jarring since the rest of the lights are so low.

If it legitimately hurts your eyes that much, then you might wish to go to an optometrist, because there might actually be something wrong with your eyes that might need to be looked into

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

2 hours ago, Srius1 said:

No they need to just change it and make the background black and keep everything else the same.

They don't need to change it, you just want them to.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

On 2/13/2019 at 12:54 AM, VegetableStu said:

-snip-

Hey I have an idea! Close your eyes for 3 freakin seconds

On 2/12/2019 at 7:17 PM, Srius1 said:

they dont have to do anything cause it hurts your poor little eyes get used to it. nothings changing go to twitter and cry about something else