Have your passwords been stolen? 620 Million stolen passwords for sale on the dark web

RobbinM

I use randomly generated passwords so I really have nothing to worry about.

14 hours ago, mr moose said:

Am I the only one who is worried about using things like lastpast for fear of having everything compromised at once?

I'm pretty sure there was a story about a password manager being hacked. Couldn't find a source on it... Definitely something to be concerned about.

Urge to buy passwords rising...

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

Pen, paper.

That's where i keep my passwords.

Then there's my head.

I also have some in there too :|

Won’t visit often..

On 2/13/2019 at 7:41 PM, mr moose said:

Am I the only one who is worried about using things like lastpast for fear of having everything compromised at once?

It is like anything though you are going to fall into one of two camps.

1.) Use one weak password on every site or a slight variation of that password between sites. That is easy to get access to and once its leaked in one site people can login to your whole world.

2.) Set a master password with Lastpass, i dont use my normal email address as the account login i use a different email address i use no where to help for additional security when login plus 2FA.

But i guess you have to look at it this way a company like a Forum that you use your password which could be a variation of your normal password gets hacked.

Well its a forum no offence to LTT but Forums usually don't have the best security and encryption.

I am assuming a company like lastpass who's business is 100% about securing passwords its going to have one hell of a system in security that encrypted vault of passwords per user.

Let's face it if they fail to keep that security up to date their business is gone overnight, they have an incentive to make sure encryption and security is #1 on the list.

If a Forum gets hacked you get a little notice to say you should change your password, is the Forum gone.. of course not.

I have all my passwords unique on all my sites with them all very long random letters, numbers and symbols so cracking those passwords will likely take a lifetime.

Links to the security, as a consumer you get this all for free as well, there is no reason to not look after your security :)

https://www.lastpass.com/enterprise/security

https://lastpass.com/support.php?cmd=showfaq&id=6926

CPU | AMD Ryzen 7 7700X | GPU | ASUS TUF RTX3080 | PSU | Corsair RM850i | RAM 2x16GB X5 6000Mhz CL32 MOTHERBOARD | Asus TUF Gaming X670E-PLUS WIFI | 
STORAGE 
| 2x Samsung Evo 970 256GB NVME  | COOLING 
| Hard Line Custom Loop O11XL Dynamic + EK Distro + EK Velocity  | MONITOR | Samsung G9 Neo