This Phone lasts an ENTIRE WEEK

jakkuh_t
23 minutes ago, xnamkcor said:

Did Russia use GPS before GLONASS was deployed or invented? Why did Russia invent GLONASS?

Both GPS and GLONASS began development during the Cold War in the 1970's and were originally military only technologies. GPS began limited civilian access in the 1980's with a restricted signal that severely limited accuracy. This was lifted in 2000 thus allowing unhindered public access. Similarly GLONASS also allowed restricted civilian access with limited accuracy until lifted in 2007. Because of this among other things, consumer GLONASS devices were measurably worse compared to GPS devices and never really became commercially available, even in Russia. What changed was in 2011, Russia passed an import ban on any GPS device that did not also support GLONASS. And as a result nearly every mobile device now supports both networks.

So I decided to buy this phone, after walking around with my iPhone 5s for almost five years. It still works, I even replaced the battery.

Despite the Ulefone Power 5s having only 4gb ram and being mediocre compared to other phones today, upgrading here improves everything.

The camera is better, the screen is bigger, it’s not so small in my hands, and of course, going from a 1560mAh battery to this chinese beast will be a heavenly step up.

What I want to see however, is better batteries. Like, more capacity in the same weight and size. Imagine the iPhone Xs with a 13000mAh battery, but it weighs the same, and it is just as slim as it is now. 

Week long batteries in the slim phones we all love and have.

PS: I used to have my iPhone 5s encased in a Lunatik Taktik Extreme. Thus I am not too worried avout the size and weight of the Ulefone.

4 hours ago, SesMoge said:

So I decided to buy this phone, after walking around with my iPhone 5s for almost five years. It still works, I even replaced the battery.

Despite the Ulefone Power 5s having only 4gb ram and being mediocre compared to other phones today, upgrading here improves everything.

The camera is better, the screen is bigger, it’s not so small in my hands, and of course, going from a 1560mAh battery to this chinese beast will be a heavenly step up.

What I want to see however, is better batteries. Like, more capacity in the same weight and size. Imagine the iPhone Xs with a 13000mAh battery, but it weighs the same, and it is just as slim as it is now. 

Week long batteries in the slim phones we all love and have.

PS: I used to have my iPhone 5s encased in a Lunatik Taktik Extreme. Thus I am not too worried avout the size and weight of the Ulefone.

And I want a 6 Litre engine that fits in a gallon milk bag.

On 2/12/2019 at 2:54 PM, jakkuh_t said:

Your iPhone's battery ain't got nothing on this 13,000 mAh phone.

Buy the Ulefone Power 5 (note: North American cellular band support is limited):

On AliExpress: https://lmg.gg/8KV9T 

Does anyone know if it comes with a US charger?

3 hours ago, DrRayThe2nd said:

Does anyone know if it comes with a US charger?

It's 120-240v adapter, so all you need is one of the plug adapters. :)

theyre only a few $ on Amazon iirc.

widget.png?style=banner2

PC: 13900K, 32GB Trident Z5, AORUS 7900 XTX, 2TB SN850X, 1TB MP600, Win 11

NAS: Xeon W-2195, 64GB ECC, 180TB Storage, 1660 Ti, TrueNAS Scale

On 2/12/2019 at 8:54 PM, jakkuh_t said:

Your iPhone's battery ain't got nothing on this 13,000 mAh phone.

Buy the Ulefone Power 5 (note: North American cellular band support is limited):

On AliExpress: https://lmg.gg/8KV9T 

The Asus Zenfone Max Pro has 5.000 mah. It lasts two days with regular use. I know a user who is very happy with it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Let me clear some things up for everyone here. 

I've been using Ulefone power 5 for more then half a year now. The phone is a beast. Only problem I have with it is the weight. After watching videos on that phone for a long time my hands start to hurt and it just feels heavy sometimes. You do get used to that after some time. Before that I had a small, slim phone and I hated checking my pocket for it every few minutes because I couldn't feel it. This phone requires you to use a belt so your pants don't disappear (I'm serious).

On the hardware side it suits my needs. I don't play games much on it, I usually browse reddit and watch youtube videos and for those things this phone is amazing. I love not having to charge it every week. You don't know what you're missing unless you have a phone with a big battery. Also as for ram, there is enough of it. 6GB in power 5 and 4GB in 5s version.

That's about it. If you want to know other things about the phone I can answer it. Also, once you get a phone with huge battery there is no going back

• 2 weeks later...

I agree on your points here.

I recieved the Power 5s a week ago, and boy oh boy, is it an upgrade from my iPhone 5s.
Added a 256gb sd card, moved all the apps over, etc. I love it.

@ReaperHR, how have you dealt with the lack of an audio jack on this battery beast?