Full Hard Drive Backup to OneDrive

Go to solution Solved by Dujith,
37 minutes ago, TheUnknownGamer said:

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone knew some good automated backup software that I could use to back up one of the drives on my windows server to a cloud service. Preferably one that supports OneDrive and is free.

Thanks in advance!

EaseUS Todo Backup, you can add a cloud storage as backup location.

Use this at home and has been running a few years without me having todo anything. It installs as a service and i have it setup to make a backup each sunday evening and shutdown the computer around 23:00 (old man with kids, Sunday is go to bed early :P )

Its not free, but 1 time expense at 29$ for a reliable backup is nothing ;) 

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone knew some good automated backup software that I could use to back up one of the drives on my windows server to a cloud service. Preferably one that supports OneDrive and is free.

Thanks in advance!

Onedrive is only 5GB so I'm not sure what you're expecting to backup to it.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

Just now, NelizMastr said:

Onedrive is only 5GB so I'm not sure what you're expecting to backup to it.

Do you mean there is an upload limit of 5GB?

I have a one drive account with a few terabytes free and was hoping I could use this free space as an offsite backup.

2 minutes ago, TheUnknownGamer said:

Do you mean there is an upload limit of 5GB?

I have a one drive account with a few terabytes free and was hoping I could use this free space as an offsite backup.

Sounds like a school account or Office 365 subscription. By default, OneDrive is limited to 5GB in total.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

2 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Sounds like a school account or Office 365 subscription. By default, OneDrive is limited to 5GB in total.

Ah ok, yes it's an office 365 account which has given me a terabyte of storage. It should be plenty for the 500GB drive I'm wanting to back up.

37 minutes ago, TheUnknownGamer said:

Hey,

Thanks in advance!

Use this at home and has been running a few years without me having todo anything. It installs as a service and i have it setup to make a backup each sunday evening and shutdown the computer around 23:00 (old man with kids, Sunday is go to bed early :P )

48 minutes ago, TheUnknownGamer said:

Hey,

Thanks in advance!

image.png.34dbe8bca46124fb3c641b13ea69307d.png

49 minutes ago, TheUnknownGamer said:

Hey,

Thanks in advance!

Also you do understand that their will be no versioning like windows server backup. It will be a file for file copy, if a user changes a file and you need it restored it wont be possible since the online one has changed. Just food for thought.

Do you have an onsite backup or is this just a disaster recovery solution.

Also there are other remote backup options you can use your own hardware with, such as WinSCP and a copying over FTP etc or Linux SSH

On 2/12/2019 at 1:44 PM, BB TECH said:

Also you do understand that their will be no versioning like windows server backup. It will be a file for file copy, if a user changes a file and you need it restored it wont be possible since the online one has changed. Just food for thought.

Do you have an onsite backup or is this just a disaster recovery solution.

Also there are other remote backup options you can use your own hardware with, such as WinSCP and a copying over FTP etc or Linux SSH

It's just a drive full of VM logs and Virtual Drives with user backup data, it's not important if the data is overwritten. It's more having a file copy that is accessible if needed. If and when I scale up I might look into more advanced options but for now, having a basic cloud service will do the job thanks!

On 2/12/2019 at 1:30 PM, Dujith said:

This looks like about what I want thanks!

On 2/13/2019 at 2:54 PM, TheUnknownGamer said:

It's just a drive full of VM logs and Virtual Drives with user backup data, it's not important if the data is overwritten. It's more having a file copy that is accessible if needed. If and when I scale up I might look into more advanced options but for now, having a basic cloud service will do the job thanks!

are you talking vmdk vhd vhdx , just make sure there is no file size limit or upload time limit

i think linus had a video on google drive with issues etc. i would ingest that just for food for though, he was trying to backup his storinator

5 hours ago, BB TECH said:

are you talking vmdk vhd vhdx , just make sure there is no file size limit or upload time limit

i think linus had a video on google drive with issues etc. i would ingest that just for food for though, he was trying to backup his storinator

I'm using virtual box so their VDI disk. I haven't come across any issues with uploading yet so I think I'm ok. I'm not dealing with masses of data like Linus, but i'll have a look thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2019 at 3:58 PM, TheUnknownGamer said:

I'm using virtual box so their VDI disk. I haven't come across any issues with uploading yet so I think I'm ok. I'm not dealing with masses of data like Linus, but i'll have a look thanks.

i know some services have a download lmit or a daily limit , monthly etc, maybe check into that just in case you need it in a pinch and cant get it