Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sergeantsilent

emptied and refilled custom loop and now have foam

Posted · Original PosterOP

I emptied and refilled my custom loop a couple weeks ago and it turned into foam-ish like. Temperatures seem fine but I don't know why it's doing it. What do you all think?

20190212_052427.jpg

Are you sure its foam and not just air bleeding out?

PSU Tier List Thread

"The Angry Cup o` Joe" v2.0

Ryzen 1800x @ 4.0ghz | Asus Crosshair VI Hero | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Flare X 14-14-14-34 3200mhz 32gb | Full Custom Water Cooling Loop | 512gb Intel 600p

Samsung 850 evo 250gb | 2x 3tb Seagate Drive | Phantex Enthoo Evolv | Custom front cover from mnpctech.com | Custom Top cover from Modmymods.com

EVGA G2 750w PSU | 3x Corsair ML140 Pro White LED case fans | 3x Corsair ML120 Pro White LED Case Fans | Cablemod 30cm RGB LED strip

Just now, Skiiwee29 said:

Are you sure its foam and not just air bleeding out?

I thought of that, but it doesn't seem to have changed at all since I refilled it two weeks ago. It's not really a foam, when I look in the reservoir it just looks like a pink liquid. Just strange how the one side is completely normal and the other is opaque with all the bubbles.

20 minutes ago, sergeantsilent said:

Just strange how the one side is completely normal and the other is opaque with all the bubbles.

Open the refill port and "scratch"/move along the surface with a "soft" objekt. If they are bubles they should go away. The next time maybe clean the reservoir better before refilling.

Otherwise take a sample and check how it looks. Worste case you need to drain the loop and clean everything.

14 minutes ago, James Evens said:

Open the refill port and "scratch"/move along the surface with a "soft" objekt. If they are bubles they should go away. The next time maybe clean the reservoir better before refilling.

I cleaned it pretty well I thought. When I open it up, it definitely seems like a foam.

Didnt clean it well enough.

After flushing a system, its probably a good idea, especialy if u intend to use some kind of colored mix, to run straight distilled for a week. If it discolors or shows up any debris, then u know u need to flush it some more.

CPU:Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Classified w/OC & EK Water Block | SoundCard: Asus Xonar D2X - FiiO X3K DAP/DAC for Headphones | Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + Samsung 850 Evo 256GB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads (Push) + NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad (Push/Pull) | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w | Case: Modded CM Storm Stryker | Panasonic 42" Plasma

2 hours ago, sergeantsilent said:

I cleaned it pretty well I thought. When I open it up, it definitely seems like a foam.

Did you clean it with detergent?