Suggestions on SFF build.

Donut417

Im thinking about an upgrade. Below is my current build. 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i5-3570K 3.4 GHz Quad-Core Processor 
CPU Cooler: Noctua - NH-D14 64.95 CFM CPU Cooler 
Motherboard: MSI - Z77A-GD65 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($54.99 @ Corsair) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($54.99 @ Corsair) 
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($74.18 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($74.18 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - Radeon HD 7950 3 GB Video Card 
Case: Fractal Design - Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: Corsair - CX 600 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($163.22 @ Amazon) 
Monitor: Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60 Hz Monitor 
Keyboard: Razer - BlackWidow 2013 Wired Gaming Keyboard 
Headphones: Sennheiser - HD 4.40BT  Headset 
Speakers: Logitech - Z323 30 W 2.1ch Speakers  ($47.66 @ Amazon) 
Other: APC 1350VA Back-UPS Pro Sinewave UPS Battery Backup & Surge Protector (BR1350MS)  ($178.99 @ B&H) 
Total: $648.21
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-02-11 21:02 EST-0500

From the list I will be using the monitors still, the keyboard and potentially the storage drives. I was thinking a SFF build, just due to space constraints in my room. https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50219044/ that is the computer desk I have. Currently my machine sits on the left side of it between the desk and the wall. Id like to put the computer on the top shelf if I could. OR one small enough that it can bit on one of the bottom shelf's. Case wise I was looking at the SG12 from Silverstone, specifically the SST-SG13B-Q model. Ive also been considering the Fractal Design Node 202. This machine will be used for Youtube, Hulu, Netflix, Surfing and some gaming when I have time. I have a lot of shit stored on my machine currently, the Steam Library folder on one of the 1TB drives is about 300GB + and I have about 300GB of media stored on the second hard disk. So I will need some storage. 

So any who, Im looking for suggestions on A) Is it even worth upgrading at this point, B) Suggestions on parts. OH im not set on AMD or Intel. So I guess suggestions for both would be cool. Ive been thinking AMD a little just because of price. I dont really have a strict budget per say, Id like to keep it around or less than $2K, though Im willing to do a little more if worth it. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

2 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

SST-SG13B-Q

My friend, I am pleased by your tastes.

HOWEVER

The Q model is bad. Fake metal front panel, bad airflow. Non Q looks excellent with an LED fan mounted up front

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

12 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

My friend, I am pleased by your tastes.

HOWEVER

The Q model is bad. Fake metal front panel, bad airflow. Non Q looks excellent with an LED fan mounted up front

I didnt really like the mesh look. Plus my Fractal Design R4 has a solid front panel. Though you do have a valid point. Maybe the Node 202 might be a better choice, at least for air flow. 

22 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Im thinking about an upgrade. Below is my current build. 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i5-3570K 3.4 GHz Quad-Core Processor 
CPU Cooler: Noctua - NH-D14 64.95 CFM CPU Cooler 
Motherboard: MSI - Z77A-GD65 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard 
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Video Card: Gigabyte - Radeon HD 7950 3 GB Video Card 
Case: Fractal Design - Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: Corsair - CX 600 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($163.22 @ Amazon) 
Keyboard: Razer - BlackWidow 2013 Wired Gaming Keyboard 
Headphones: Sennheiser - HD 4.40BT  Headset 
Speakers: Logitech - Z323 30 W 2.1ch Speakers  ($47.66 @ Amazon) 
Other: APC 1350VA Back-UPS Pro Sinewave UPS Battery Backup & Surge Protector (BR1350MS)  ($178.99 @ B&H) 
Total: $648.21
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-02-11 21:02 EST-0500

From the list I will be using the monitors still, the keyboard and potentially the storage drives. I was thinking a SFF build, just due to space constraints in my room. https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50219044/ that is the computer desk I have. Currently my machine sits on the left side of it between the desk and the wall. Id like to put the computer on the top shelf if I could. OR one small enough that it can bit on one of the bottom shelf's. Case wise I was looking at the SG12 from Silverstone, specifically the SST-SG13B-Q model. Ive also been considering the Fractal Design Node 202. This machine will be used for Youtube, Hulu, Netflix, Surfing and some gaming when I have time. I have a lot of shit stored on my machine currently, the Steam Library folder on one of the 1TB drives is about 300GB + and I have about 300GB of media stored on the second hard disk. So I will need some storage. 

So any who, Im looking for suggestions on A) Is it even worth upgrading at this point, B) Suggestions on parts. OH im not set on AMD or Intel. So I guess suggestions for both would be cool. Ive been thinking AMD a little just because of price. I dont really have a strict budget per say, Id like to keep it around or less than $2K, though Im willing to do a little more if worth it. 

if you realle want to go full sff route youll have to ditch those hdd and get ssd's. m.2 would be better. if not get a sg13 (dont know if it supports hdd's) in any case get a sff psu even if a atx fits, you wont regret it. amd or intel depends on your needs, only gaming go intel, video production or else and gaming go amd.

I recently build myself a true sff pc, I got a i7 8700, 500gb m.2, 1tb ssd and a rog strix 1080ti in a 7.5l case which is about half the sg13. depends on what you want 

Just now, shooter27 said:

if you realle want to go full sff route youll have to ditch those hdd and get ssd's. m.2 would be better. if not get a sg13 (dont know if it supports hdd's) in any case get a sff psu even if a atx fits, you wont regret it. amd or intel depends on your needs, only gaming go intel, video production or else and gaming go amd.

I recently build myself a true sff pc, I got a i7 8700, 500gb m.2, 1tb ssd and a rog strix 1080ti in a 7.5l case which is about half the sg13. depends on what you want. in any case its super worth it going sff, build is more challenging (not really) but even if you rarely take your pc on the go youll be happy with it

3 minutes ago, shooter27 said:

oull have to ditch those hdd and get ssd'

You do know they make 2.5" HDD's right? I was looking at getting at least 1 larger capacity one, as they are at 5200 RPM and One 1TB one that I can use for steam and it would be a 7200 RPM drive. I also was thinking of moving Windows to M.2 and using my current SSD to upgrade my mom's computer.