ASRock motherboard caught fire- PLS HELP

acon5

Lesson #1 here: Don't buy cheap rinky-dink fans.  Even if it didn't cause this, "cheap" fans can cause all kinds of issues as they age.

It is entirely possible you got a "dud" of a fan (or that the chip in question on the motherboard was just bad) that caused this whole mess.  I have always run either Silverstone, Corsair or Thermaltake fans in all the systems I've built, and I've yet to have a fan randomly fail or cause any issue like this.

Hopefully once you get the new board in some of the more computer-tech savvy chip/motherboard people around here can help you determine what exactly caused this.

If it was indeed a fan or fan controller chip/power system, then it's at least less likely anything else plugged in to the board suffered damage, at least I would imagine so.

Save up to 10% on eVGA.com purchases, use my Associates Code: 47AQQ6KPU2IZNXY

My system on ModRigs: https://www.modsrigs.com/detail.aspx?BuildID=42686 

Primary Rig:

CPU: AMD 5950X at 4.65GHz 1.275V - Mobo: Asus Crosshair VIII Hero - PSU: eVGA P2 1200W

CPU Cooler: EK Quantum Velocity Block (480mm XE Radiator with push/pull EK Vardar D-RGB fans)

2 x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3600MHz CL14 RAM (14-15-15-35-1T at 1.45V)

GPU: eVGA RTX 3090 Kingpin Hybrid - Core @ 2160MHz @ 1068mV, VRAM +1000MHz

Case: Thermaltake View 91 - SSDs/HDDs: Too many to list; Samsung 980 Pro 1TB & 2TB M.2s, Samsung 4TB SATA SSD

Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G9 49" Super-Ultrawide 240Hz Monitor

Update:

Today the new motherboard came in (ASUS ROG STRIX B450). Built the whole thing this morning and it works! Doesnt seem like anything was damaged but I do see what may have caused the problem. When I was taking apart the build I noticed that 2 of my fans were both connected through an extender cable and plugged into the motherboard though I dont know if this is the only cause. One thing is still being weird though. In the bios my CPU temperatures were around 35-45 degrees C. When I boot up windows and use any program to check my CPU temperature it is reaching temps of 85-90 degrees C. I know it is not running that hot because I would be able to feel that difference so I do not know why it is recording the wrong temperatures. My fans are still running off the BIOS temperature and they are running at a standard speed.