What’s the best Noise Cancelling Headphone?

James

If I search beats studio 3/bose qc 35 ii/microsoft surface headphones/sony wh-1000xm3 + Linus Tech Tips, I highly doubt this video would be in the results. 

Bowers & Wilkins PX 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

And for the headbang test...  Clear ass-victory!  Bose wins

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

No mentions of battery life was a bit odd. 

Not sure how they stack up in real life test, but looking at the specs: Sony 30h, Bose 22h, Beats 20h and Microsoft 15h

20 hours ago, fasauceome said:

The title of the thread. It's way more appropriate as it represents a comparison between all headphones, but the current title implies that the Beats are the focus of the video which is not the case.

The video was under-performing so we changed the title, resulting in an uptick in views :)

On 2/11/2019 at 8:38 PM, captain_to_fire said:

@Crunchy Dragon Linus just admitted he watches My Littlle Pony ?  ? 

Well he has kids so... He also said he likes the music, it doesn't mean he watches it, tho I'm sure he does :P

I liked the video and I could tell it was Taran editing he really knows how to make it fun to watch :D

Hey all. I just bought the JBL Everest Elite 700 and would love to know how they compare to the Bose and Sony, maybe even the Beats. I really like them, they have a lovely, techy design and feel super premium and have a good weight to them, very nice. I really, really like the audio, punchy base, top quality sound and very listenable. Some bad things are that it uses micro USB B and has a 2.5 mil jack. They can also get a little uncomfortable after a while but that's certainly manageable. The ambient aware is fantastic and works a charm. So what are your thoughts? How do they compare to the others in the video? Thanks so much for any replies!

Qc25:s are on clearance just under 150€ with taxes. Thats close to a reasonable price for Bose sound quality.

I recently bought the Bose QC 35 II for work and I must admit that they're pretty good, I do not regrets buying them.

That being said it's far from perfect on few aspects not said in the video:

- One big thumb down for me it's that when you plug the QC for charging, the bluetooth turn off, I would love to know if it is the case for Sony's.

- The mic is terrible, it's ok as long as I don't forget to disconnect the headphones from my phone or pc when someone call me.

- The jack cable locks cheap, mine got a bad contact out after like 30 minutes using it.

- The app is very limited, only settings for the assistant bassically and the 3 levels of noice cancellation, while the sony app has more levels, an equalizer, different profiles, etc...

- It's not secure, or I missed something, just install the Bose app, go near some headphones and you can swipe to connect, even if it's not yours.

The correct answer if you want noise cancellation is: custom in ear monitors.  They're basically earplugs with phenomenal sound quality and comfort, and no electronic over the ear solution will ever be comparable.  The only reason you don't see tons of people wearing them is because $300 is considered entry level for the category.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

You should though a cheap option in the mix for reviews like the ones in the photo the shocking thing is for 14.95 they dont suck as much as I figured they would.

15501531463743223028330228378311.jpg

• 2 months later...

could you guys do a mid tier headphones segment comparing taotronics, bluedio, cowin and any other you would see fit.

• 2 months later...
On 2/12/2019 at 3:54 AM, James said:

We try on 4 of the most popular noise cancelling over-ear headphones in the $350 range and decide which ones we think are the best

@LinusTech please include testing of call quality with these headphones in the future reviews because aside from listening to music, they can be used to make and receive calls. 

As I’ve read and watched from other reviewers, the Sony one has the best noise canceling but sucks at call quality. Meanwhile, the Bose is better in call quality especially its microphone. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside