What’s the best Noise Cancelling Headphone?

James

Is the word headphones singular? Kinda throwing me off.

Edit: oh it's headphone. But they don't come solo do they?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

5 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Is the word headphones singular? Kinda throwing me off.

Edit: oh it's headphone. But they don't come solo do they?

I have heard people say "this headphone", although I prefer "these headphones" even when I'm talking about one (because it's a pair of headphones)

can you make one for earphones? 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Just made revived this account to show you a nice review Linus.

Tested made a great review for noise canceling headphones here:

https://youtu.be/eABESL7Ia6I?t=283

They used a small microphone inside the ear cups to show the viewer the noise canceling. This would be great for next time if possible :)

P.S: still a really good video :)

None, I don't believe these are healthy.

CPU i7 4960x Ivy Bridge Extreme | 64GB Quad DDR-3 RAM | MBD Asus x79-Deluxe | RTX 2080 ti FE 11GB |
Thermaltake 850w PWS | ASUS ROG 27" IPS 1440p | | Win 7 pro x64 |

Personally, i have the Bose QC35II's and i love them, they're a must for city apartment building living, love being able to completely block out the outside world and immerse myself in games, films and music.  I think perhaps the Sony have slightly better sound but the Bose win on long term comfort.  

What happened to the title? It has been changed to "Do Beats Headphones Still SUCK?"... Are you really that desperate for clicks? No one who wants a comparison between NC-headphones is going to click on that video, so it's basically pointless...

I believe that the sonys have 1 extra feature that was not demonstrated here, the Quick Attention, that reduces the volume automatically, in order to allow to talk someone, without having to take the earphones off, just by covering one ear cup.

Hello, posting to comment something wrong

The sony headset triggers google assistant via long touch, not via NC button when paired! No need for the app whethever paired or not.

Also long NC button press triggers the "equalizer" and i dont know what it does, it blast sinusioidal soundwave .

PS : also the bose costs around 280€ while the sony is 330, surface locked at 350€ cuz microsoft store. Bose has defiitely an excellent value.

I own the sony purely because usb-c. The bose is heckin great. Also i read, not experienced that the bose is bad against wind and the sony is less bad. i have no issue personally.

Headline !

Bose and Sony headphones beat Microsoft and Beats headphones in all meaningfull ways!

In other news..

Water : Wet !

....Who didnt see this result coming a mile away :P ?

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Sorry honey ?I have ? Apple AirPods ??

BTW @James listening to your voice, IDK if your voice is just deep or the mic is a little choppy. Probably nothing but maybe check. Good video though.

One problem I see with the test is what bluetooth codec was being tested?

They all use a different one, so unless your host device supports LDAC/AAC/APT-X its going to default to the crummy default bluetooth codec which is old as dirt and never performed well.

How can you do a headphone review and leave out Sennheiser!..

this entire datapool is invalidated until you add Sennheiser to the mix!

I prefer the original title as opposed to the current title

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

5 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

I prefer the original title as opposed to the current title

What was the original title?

Won’t visit often..

2 minutes ago, MrFixitBlankFace said:

What was the original title?

The title of the thread. It's way more appropriate as it represents a comparison between all headphones, but the current title implies that the Beats are the focus of the video which is not the case.

Primary PC:

2 hours ago, GumblesGrambles said:

One problem I see with the test is what bluetooth codec was being tested?

They all use a different one, so unless your host device supports LDAC/AAC/APT-X its going to default to the crummy default bluetooth codec which is old as dirt and never performed well.

I'd like to know as well... I know Android tells you which codec is being used in the developer options but god knows about iOS. I imagine Sony will be defaulted to LDAC and the others are just hard to know probably aptX-HD.

I went with Bowers and Wilkins PX. I love the build quality it's basically one of my favorite things about them. Sadly these days its been clamping on my ears too damn hard so I've been eyeing Sony's WH-1000XM3 in hopes they are more comfortable. Another thing is that in terms of ANR B&W PX doesn't fare as well even with changing the settings with the android app.

Hey I liked the flow of the video and the "new" kind of content but I really wish you would've done at least the sound and comfort sections "blind" to eliminate any bias or appearance of bias. As a viewer, a long time viewer, I know your public opinion on Beats and on Bose N/C for that matter and I just think it would make for a better video if it had been more fair assessment. 

Also Would have loved to see a wider gamut of headphones!

Keep up the good work, hopefully this doesn't sound too critical!

-Sony MX3 owner.

Lack of physical buttons is a big no-no for me. I will happily carry a micro-USB cable for that. :)

One thing this interview did not cover is how well the noice cancellation (more so isolation) works with glasses on. I love my QC35 but in a noisy environment, such as airplane, I sometimes run into a situation where the arms of my glasses worn under them opens up the seal to the side of my head and the noise leaks through. Forcing a re-seating of the headset. My Sony pair has a stronger clamping effect but it is less comfortable for long-term wearing.