Dualshock won't connect pls help!

Cuboid88

Hey, i recently got my ps4 after no using it for a while and i cannot seem to connect it to my ps4

whenever i turn on the controller to try and pair it blinks white once or twice and then turns it off. I tried turning off the ps4 and then turning on my controller and then it went through the whole "cycle" . where it blinked more than 8 times trying to find a ps. It's only when i try to connect it is when it blinks once/twice and then suddenly shuts off.

Any help would be great thanks!

Same thing happened to me you have to call PlayStation support and they will help I can't remember how to do it but mine work now

Have you tried hooking it up with an USB cable to the console?

My PS4 controller does that on some rare occasions and the only way I found to get it back to talking to the console is to temperory hook the controller to the console with an USB cord until the controller syncs back up. 

Also, there is a reset button under the L2 button.  A paperclip needs to be used to press that for 10 seconds.  That may fix the issue.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

1 minute ago, Ithanul said:

My PS4 controller does that on some rare occasions and the only way I found to get it back to talking to the console is to temperory hook the controller to the console with an USB cord until the controller syncs back up. 

Also, there is a reset button under the L2 button.  A paperclip needs to be used to press that for 10 seconds.  That may fix the issue.

i've tried both those

Just now, Cuboid88 said:

i've tried both those

Hmmm, very odd.

There is the forum over on the offical Sony forums where folks been posting solutions. Maybe a solution is in there that can help:  http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Consoles-Peripherals/PS4-Controller-Won-t-Connect-Please-Help

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/11/2019 at 9:41 PM, Ithanul said:

Hi. This happens when I use my controller on my pc with bluetooth paired. turn on ps4 then use usb it should recognize it as ps4 ds4 and auto connect. if you have solid blue led on controller you can remove usb and it will be bluetooth paired