Asrock ab350 pro4 for r5 2600 oc?

Hi, I was wondering if the asrock ab350 pro4 (3+3 phase vrm) would be enough for a ryzen 5 2600 overclocked to 1.4v for daily use. I will zip-tie the fan that comes with the stock heatsink to the vrm heatsink, so temps wont be a concern.

I watched Buildzoids video about the pcb break down and it seemed to be a decent enough board in terms of power delivery. here's a link in case u want to see it aswell: 

If you dont already have that board, then go for the ab450 pro4. But if you have b350 that will do, it wont burn down.

Bigger thing is that i wouldn't run the cpu at 1.4V constantly, especially if you want to use the pc more than 5 years. What cpu clock are you running at for it to need 1.4V? I hope atleast 4.2Ghz.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

6 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

If you dont already have that board, then go for the ab450 pro4. But if you have b350 that will do, it wont burn down.

Bigger thing is that i wouldn't run the cpu at 1.4V constantly, especially if you want to use the pc more than 5 years. What cpu clock are you running at for it to need 1.4V? I hope atleast 4.2Ghz.

I dont have the board yet, nor the cpu :) i was just talking hypothetical because i want to save some money on my upcoming build.

I was saying 1.4v in case my cpu could actually hit 4.1-4.2 ghz at that voltage, i was thinking not to go past 1.35v unless the chip is "golden".

anyway, the b450 is 10$ more expensive, and i dont care at all about storemi, why would i go with that?

Just now, bubnu said:

I dont have the board yet, nor the cpu :) i was just talking hypothetical because i want to save some money on my upcoming build.

I was saying 1.4v in case my cpu could actually hit 4.1-4.2 ghz at that voltage, i was thinking not to go past 1.35v unless the chip is "golden".

anyway, the b450 is 10$ more expensive, and i dont care at all about storemi, why would i go with that?

Because the b450 boards are generally better quality, so better overclocks at lower voltage.

Just now, Origami Cactus said:

Because the b450 boards are generally better quality, so better overclocks at lower voltage.

in this case the boards are identical (except the chipset ofc) so i would there be any diference?

Just now, bubnu said:

in this case the boards are identical (except the chipset ofc) so i would there be any diference?

They have the same VRM? Then yeah no difference, but i know that for example MSI b450 boards are much better than their b350's.

1 minute ago, Origami Cactus said:

They have the same VRM? Then yeah no difference, but i know that for example MSI b450 boards are much better than their b350's.

im not 100% sure the vrm components are the same, but they are still 3+3 phase. 

yeah msi, gigabyte and asus all got their board nicer with the new chipset, but asrock kept the same board and got a different color scheme this time(at least with the pro4 series).

You guys do know the VRM on the AB350M PRO4 is so bad on a lot of people after a few months the system becomes unusable?

Go for the B450M MORTAR or B450 TOMAHAWK.

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

8 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

You guys do know the VRM on the AB350M PRO4 is so bad on a lot of people after a few months the system becomes unusable?

Go for the B450M MORTAR or B450 TOMAHAWK.

really? where have you seen such an exemple? wondering if they were running 6/8 cores at what voltage and if they had proper aiflow for the vrm heatsink.

I mean i've looked on to many videos/forums about am4 boards, and those pro4 boards do not seem to be that bad.

Here is an exemple of HardwareUnboxed doing a vrm temp test on different b450 boards(the ab350 pro4 is basically the same with the b450 fatal1ty)

edit: results graphs start around min 10

Just now, bubnu said:

really? where have you seen such an exemple? wondering if they were running 6/8 cores at what voltage and if they had proper aiflow for the vrm heatsink.

I mean i've looked on to many videos/forums about am4 boards, and those pro4 boards do not seem to be that bad.

Here is an exemple of HardwareUnboxed doing a vrm temp test on different b450 boards(the ab350 pro4 is basically the same with the b450 fatal1ty)

It's probably faulty VRMs.

Look on Amazon reviews, same 4+5star (combined) reviews as 1 star reviews, and 90% of the 1 star reviews complain about freezing, and they're from vastly different time periods.

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

1 minute ago, NunoLava1998 said:

It's probably faulty VRMs.

Look on Amazon reviews, same 4+5star (combined) reviews as 1 star reviews, and 90% of the 1 star reviews complain about freezing, and they're from vastly different time periods.

either faulty vrm or old bioses