Electronic Arts Stocks SOARS After Apex Legends Launch Success

YoloSwag
20 hours ago, yian88 said:

Honestly all other game differences aside, there is 1 thing this game doesnt have and thats atmosphere and the feeling of rush at start and end like PUBG, both PUBG PC and mobile are amazing. At start you can jump in one of the more popular areas of the maps where good gear is and rush to gear and kill everyone you can and at the end the rush is amazing even after all this time my heart is pumping trying to pay attention or when you have to watch for the bushes at the end simply best feeling no other BR replicated so far which is why im stuck in PUBG.

Also players in Apex dont play very well togheter i had to mute voice chat due to too many (fornite kids prolly) screaming in my ears and being useless, in PUBG i only hear mature vocies in apex is only kids like those youtube videos you see about console toxic voicce chat kids.

Im going to pass this game it doesnt have the rush adrenaline, its only popular because streamers rush it and promote it and then youtube and all the kids go where their favorite asshole streamer is and their friends. 

They are moving like swarms from game to game regardless if its fun or not.

Im not buying the fake hype.

I think it just comes down to preference still. From the couple time I have played I will say that I felt a rush when I had a squad running tward me and dipping in and out of cover. When you have to be ready for someone closing the distance extremely fast and sliding while shooting at you it makes you on your toes at least for me. Not a huge fan of pubg tbh because it's just too buggy. Played about 3 games solo and won one got 3rd the other and died at the beginning because I ran into someone with a gun while I was searching for one at the very beginning of the game. Played a couple times with friends and we won once but most of the time they would go to the hot zones and die right off the bat. 

23 hours ago, Lathlaer said:

Let's just hope no one will make a thread every time this happens, this is a tech forum and not stock analysis platform ?

This is still tech news.

Especially if what affects a tech company's stock value has something to do with their products. It's like how people report market share of CPU of manufacturers.

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

48 minutes ago, YoloSwag said:

This is still tech news.

Especially if what affects a tech company's stock value has something to do with their products. It's like how people report market share of CPU of manufacturers.

Let's just hope that people will make a thread every time this happens. As you said, this is tech news, and is important to the tech industry.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

4 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Let's just hope that people will make a thread every time this happens. As you said, this is tech news, and is important to the tech industry.

Yes and no. If it was regarding the success/failure of their products then yeah sure. If the stocks fell because people just didn't buy it enough then no.

Talking in context, what was reported was the success of Apex Legends brought about a significant effect on their stocks. As with my other post, BFV not selling enough brought down value. The focus was more on their products doing better or worse then affecting stocks.

Also, thanks for misunderstanding...maybe.

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

26 minutes ago, YoloSwag said:

Yes and no. If it was regarding the success/failure of their products then yeah sure. If the stocks fell because people just didn't buy it enough then no.

Agreed, but the stocks didn't just fall because of investors not wanting to buy enough. So we're talking about the context in which this stock changed (Eg: a major game release, or other action by the company, influences the stock in a major way).

Talking in context, what was reported was the success of Apex Legends brought about a significant effect on their stocks. As with my other post, BFV not selling enough brought down value. The focus was more on their products doing better or worse then affecting stocks.

Also, thanks for misunderstanding...maybe.

I don't think there's any misunderstanding here, unless you're misunderstanding that I perfectly agree with you *shrugs*.

EDIT: Mostly I was just being a smartass to the poster who didn't think this kind of stuff was relevant.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

5 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Agreed, but the stocks didn't just fall because of investors not wanting to buy enough. So we're talking about the context in which this stock changed (Eg: a major game release, or other action by the company, influences the stock in a major way).

I don't think there's any misunderstanding here, unless you're misunderstanding that I perfectly agree with you *shrugs*.

EDIT: Mostly I was just being a smartass to the poster who didn't think this kind of stuff was relevant.

Dang. Now I'm the one who looks silly right now for not understanding -_-

I'm getting too old for sarcasm.

My apologies.

To my defense though, at least I put a "maybe" in the last part just in case I got it wrong lol.

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, YoloSwag said:

Dang. Now I'm the one who looks silly right now for not understanding -_-

I'm getting too old for sarcasm.

My apologies.

To my defense though, at least I put a "maybe" in the last part just in case I got it wrong lol.

haha no you don't look silly, it's all good my friend :)