DO YOU BELIEVE THAT MOST PEOPLE HAVE AGES OF 34 AND 40 CANT PLAY PC GAMES?

benjaminr

They can't play and they have ages? Google translate has failed you my friend.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I'm just below the cut (33 yrs old) and I put in a 5hr session on Sunday.  Apex Legends got me hooked. It's all about managing your time.  I don't watch TV when my day is over, I game.

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

if they have their life in order - sure, its fine. 

the thing is with age your priorities change a bit or should at least. wether or not its cool for you to game doesnt have anything to do with your age.

its just not cool to game if you start neglecting other areas of your life for it. so if your 35 and game after you put your kids to sleep thats awesome and equally if youre 15 and you game in your messy room without having done your homework or while your mom is breaking her back doing chores thats not cool. just imo

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

3 minutes ago, MrTiC said:

33 here and been playing since age 5 and i will keep playing till i drop dead :D

NO! YOU WILL LOOSE YOU ABILITY TO PLAY GAMES ONCE YOU TURN 34!! IT'S THE LAW!!

/s

OT: why wouldn't they? You now that gaming has their roots in the arcades of the 70's / 80's? The kids of last are in their 40's and 50's now..

"We cannot change the cards we're dealt - just how we play the hand" - R. Pausch

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X , Cooler: BeQuiet Dark Rock 3 Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar Titanium RAM: 16 GB Corsair LPX 3200 GPU: EVGA RTX2070 XC Storage: Adata 120GB SSD, SanDisk 1TB SDD, 2TB WD GreenHDD Case: Fractal Design Define Mini C PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS Peripherals: Master Keys Pro S, Logitech G402 Audio: Schiit Fulla 2 + Sennheiser HD 650. Laptop: Asus Zenbook UX 302

seriously what does age have to do with it? im 50 and still play all the current fps's....once a gamer always a gamer

Most people that age don't seem to make time for games in their lives. They have other things they perceive to be more important.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

No. My favourite counter example:

this guy is almost 50 and he plays a game on pc.

Also, drop the pointless capslock.

13 minutes ago, Minibois said:

Most people that age don't seem to make time for games in their lives. They have other things they perceive to be more important.

That's increasingly less true with the advent of mobile games like candy crush. They won't sit down at a pc with the intent to play a game for two hours straight, but they will play in their spare time or on the bus.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

sure, why not?

being old doesn't stop people from enjoying something, I'm 26 and style on people in my favourite games.

also, why are you shouting?

Obviously if you have kids it's different, but when you are responsibility free (more or less) simply replace watching TV with gaming. So many people who proclaim gaming to be a waste of time rack up 10's of hours each week in front of the TV.

So....I'm 38. Does that mean I should stop gaming?  I'm not sure what to make of this excellent information that seems to have been seizured out. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

Off Topic is weird...

Sorry for the mess!  My laptop just went ROG!

"THE ROGUE":  ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QR (2021)

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • RTX 3070 Laptop GPU (80W)
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)
  • 2TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial P2 NVMe (games)
  • 90Wh battery + 200W power brick
  • 15.6" 1440p 165Hz IPS Pantone display
  • Logitech G603 mouse + Logitech G733 headset

"Hex": Dell G7 7588 (2018)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666
  • 1TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA (games)
  • 56Wh battery + 180W power brick
  • 15.6" 1080p 60Hz IPS display
  • Corsair Harpoon Wireless mouse + Corsair HS70 headset

"Mishiimin": Apple iMac 5K 27" (2017)

• i7-7700K
  • Radeon Pro 580 8GB (basically a desktop R9 390)
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD
  • 400W power supply (I think?)
  • 27" 5K 75Hz Retina display
  • Logitech G213 keyboard + Logitech G203 Prodigy mouse

Other tech: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB in White, Sennheiser PXC 550-II, Razer Hammerhead earbuds, JBL Tune Flex earbuds, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Raspberry Pi 400, Logitech M510 mouse, Redragon S113 keyboard & mouse, Cherry MX Silent Red keyboard, Cooler Master Devastator II keyboard (not in use), Sennheiser HD4.40BT (not in use)

Retired tech: Apple iPhone XR 256GB in Product(RED), Apple iPhone SE 64GB in Space Grey (2016), iPod Nano 7th Gen in Product(RED), Logitech G533 headset, Logitech G930 headset, Apple AirPods Gen 2 and Gen 3

Trash bin (do not buy): Logitech G935 headset, Logitech G933 headset, Cooler Master Devastator II mouse, Razer Atheris mouse, Chinese off-brand earbuds, anything made by Skullcandy

I'm gonna respond to the OP and say no, and put forward the idea that all capslock keys are removed from users under the age of 35.

3 hours ago, benjaminr said:

DO YOU BELIEVE  THAT MOST PEOPLE  WHICH HAVE AGES  OF 34 AND  40 CANT PLAY PC GAMES? IN THEIR  LIFE?

3 hours ago, benjaminr said:

I AM 37  YEARS OLD

You're really proving the point that most people above the age of 35 can't effectively use a computer however...

34 and I play games 1-2 hours a night 2-4 nights a week. Only 8 hours of gaming a week on an average week but I still do game.

I remember when I used to do 8 hours before lunch on a Saturday...

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

4 hours ago, benjaminr said:

DO YOU BELIEVE  THAT MOST PEOPLE  WHICH HAVE AGES  OF 34 AND  40 CANT PLAY PC GAMES? IN THEIR  LIFE?

I believe that people who write in all-caps can't play games.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

I’m 37 and just got back into pc gaming less than a year ago. I work with a guy who’s 71 and his steam library would put many to shame

I'm out of that age range and can't play video games (well)  So they should be great!

Resident Mozilla Shill.   Typed on my Ortholinear JJ40 custom keyboard
               __     I am the ASCIIDino.
              / _)
     _.----._/ /      If you can see me you 
    /         /       must put me in your 
 __/ (  | (  |        signature for 24 hours.
/__.-'|_|--|_|        

Seeing as how I am 46 and my steam library is 2 pages long - I would say no.

9900K  / Asus Maximus Formula XI / 32Gb G.Skill RGB 4266mHz / 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus & 1TB Samsung 970 Evo / EVGA 3090 FTW3.

2 loops : XSPC EX240 + 2x RX360 (CPU + VRMs) / EK Supremacy Evo & RX480 + RX360 (GPU) / Optimus W/B. 2 x D5 pumps / EK Res

8x NF-A2x25s, 14 NF-F12s and a Corsair IQ 140 case fan / CM HAF Stacker 945 / Corsair AX 860i

LG 38GL950G & Asus ROG Swift PG278Q / Duckyshine 6 YOTR / Logitech G502 / Thrustmaster Warthog & TPR / Blue Yeti / Sennheiser HD599SE / Astro A40s

Valve Index, Knuckles & 2x Lighthouse V2