Help boosting CPU performance

Hey folks.

So, I've recently upgraded my system slightly with a new GPU, and a new NVMe M.2 970 PRO SSD coming later on.

I've noticed - and will upgrade later on, - that my CPU is giving me much lower scores than the GPU is giving me.

I realize this is because my GPU is much newer and better than that of my 7th Gen i5 CPU, so that's not something I need to be told.

What I would like to know, is how I can increase the CPU scores with the current setup, either through Overclocking - if at all possible - or other methods.

I've added a 3D Benchmark Test result attached to this post, as well as my current build (and total score) taken from the UserBenchmark website.

UserBenchmarks: Game 105%, Desk 88%, Work 50%
CPU: Intel Core i5-7600K - 84.8%
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070-Ti - 122.3%
SSD: OCZ AMD Radeon R7 240GB - 99.8%
HDD: Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB (2013) - 74.7%
HDD: Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB (2013) - 66.8%
HDD: Seagate ST8000DM0004-1ZC11G 8TB - 93.5%
HDD: Seagate ST8000DM0004-1ZC11G 8TB - 95.9%
HDD: Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB (2013) - 90.6%
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 3000 C15 2x8GB - 63.2%
MBD: Asus MAXIMUS IX HERO

I'm looking forward to any and all responses.

- Frankie1920

3D Benchmark Result 2;20 pm 02.11.2019.3dmark-result

Overclocking. If you have a good cooler that would obviously help. If you don't want to overclock super far, pick up an i7-7700k.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

Is your RAM definitely running dual-channel and is overclocked to its rated speed? The score for your RAM is low. Also overclocking your CPU will help a lot.

So how is it performing in a actual tasks you do?

Is this just for the sake of the benchmark?

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

https://www.corsair.com/eu/en/Categories/Products/Memory/VENGEANCE®-RGB-16GB-(2-x-8GB)-DDR4-DRAM-3000MHz-C15-Memory-Kit/p/CMR16GX4M2C3000C15
This is the ram that I have.

http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/cpu-liquid-cooler/nepton-240m/
And this is my CPU Cooler.

I've never actually overclocked anything, and although I'm sure my Bios has pre-built-in overclocking profiles, I haven't used any of the profiles either, as I'm not sure about any of the overclocking stuff.

"Is your RAM definitely running dual-channel and is overclocked to its rated speed?"
My RAM has not been - as far as I am aware - been overclocked, as I don't know how overclocking works.

And my CPU isn't overclocked either.

"So how is it performing in an actual task you do?"

I hardly ever play any sort of big games like Battlefield, or other games in terms of spec requirements, so my PC performs pretty well.

"Is this just for the sake of the benchmark?"

It is mostly for the benchmark, yeah, I just want my pc to be at its best, basically.

17 minutes ago, Frankie1920 said:

https://www.corsair.com/eu/en/Categories/Products/Memory/VENGEANCE®-RGB-16GB-(2-x-8GB)-DDR4-DRAM-3000MHz-C15-Memory-Kit/p/CMR16GX4M2C3000C15
This is the ram that I have.

http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/cpu-liquid-cooler/nepton-240m/
And this is my CPU Cooler.

I've never actually overclocked anything, and although I'm sure my Bios has pre-built-in overclocking profiles, I haven't used any of the profiles either, as I'm not sure about any of the overclocking stuff.

"Is your RAM definitely running dual-channel and is overclocked to its rated speed?"
My RAM has not been - as far as I am aware - been overclocked, as I don't know how overclocking works.

"So how is it performing in an actual task you do?"

I hardly ever play any sort of big games like Battlefield, or other games in terms of spec requirements, so my PC performs pretty well.

"Is this just for the sake of the benchmark?"

It is mostly for the benchmark, yeah, I just want my pc to be at its best, basically.

Good AIO for overclocking, find an i5 7600k overclocking video on youtube.

(◣_◢) Ryzen 5 3600,   Aorus X370 K7,   XPG 16GB 3200,   Gigabyte 2070 Windforce Corsair RM650x,   LG 32GK650F-B 31.5" 144Hz QHD FreeSync VA,   Kingston 120GB SSD,   Samsung 1TB 860 QVO,   2TB HDD,   Fractal Design Meshify C,   Corsair K63 Wireless,   Corsair Gaming M65 PRO,   Audio Technica ATH M50x,   Windows 10 ProCorsair H100x 240mm.  (◣_◢)

(◣_◢) Ryzen 5 1600,   Noctua NH-L12S,   Gigabyte GTX 1060 6G,   ASUS Prime B350 Plus,   HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 (2666MHz - 1.3v),   SilverStone ET550-B,   Kingston 120GB SSD 2TB HDD,   Cougar MX330,   Windows 10 Pro.  (◣_◢)

20 minutes ago, Frankie1920 said:

apparently the ram is running at stock speed 2133mhz if you havent touch it in bios, thats why 

.btw I have no idea what those % mean to you lol

So, I'm checking around online, and on youtube, it seems that for the i5-7600k a 4.8ghz is actually better than 5ghz in terms of value per GHz.

Now, I'm also seeing that most people state the vcore - or voltage - should be anywhere between 1.17v - 1.22v for a 4.8ghz load.

And as far as I can tell, there's not much more to overclocking a CPU other than those two settings in the BIOS, unless you want to go extreme, which is not the case for me.

Would anyone here disagree with my findings? If so, could you explain why, and potentially give an opinion about which settings I should run instead?

I have yet to look for how to overclock my RAM, so that's next on my to-do list right now.

But if anyone has any suggestions for how to overclock the RAM, or fix it otherwise, I'm all ears.