Athlon x4 950 CPU problem, underperforming in games.

Billyboy
2 hours ago, Billyboy said:

It's Windows 10 64-bit. I tried to clean the cpu but there were still a little bit left. I don't know if the cpu is configured correctly, everything is set to default. Thanks for your help :)

Huh... so that's the cause, that OS is hogging it, no wonder why no games can't run on it... the 950 was made for Windows 7, try fresh installing 7 (you don't need a key to install it) and go to the mobo website and download the correct drivers, pro tip: you could create a dedicated partition for the OS from your current version so you don't lose all of your data, that if you still have free space on the hard drive.

To properly clean the CPU don't remove it from the socket and use a cloth with alcohol to remove any old paste, do the same with the heatsink, then apply a single small dot in the center of the CPU and put the heatsink back on.

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Just now, aezakmi said:

Huh... so that's the cause, that OS is hogging it, no wonder why no games can't run on it... the 950 was made for Windows 7, try fresh installing 7 (you don't need a key to install it) and go to the mobo website and download the correct drivers, pro tip: you could create a dedicated partition for the OS from your current version so you don't lose all of your data, that if you still have free space on the hard drive.

To properly clean the CPU don't remove it from the socket and use a cloth with alcohol to remove any old paste, do the same with the heatsink, then apply a single small dot in the center of the CPU and put the heatsink back on.

The CPU wasn't "made" for any particular OS.

If anything, since the CPU was released in mid-2017, it's firmly in Windows 10 territory.