Razer Nabu: Your take?

The Razer Nabu is a "Smart Band" that Razer is producing. The developer version is 50$, but I believe you have to have evidence you are actually developing. If it keeps the same price tag at the full release, it looks like it will be a great value, considering it has all the functionality of a smart band with some added bonuses. I think if it can display notifications, as well as making rudimentary controls such as changing the song or adjusting volume, then it will be a very compelling option for many people. I don't have a smart phone right now, so I wouldn't be able to use it to it's full functionality, but I still think it is an exciting product.

Here is Linus's Video if you want to get his first impression and see the Nabu.

Also here is a picture where you can see the back side as well as the small notification that is displayed on the top.

post-17642-0-47516200-1389929627.jpg

CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.5 Ghz Cooler: Hyper 212+ GPU: MSI Twin Frozr 3 7850 Case: HAF 912 RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: OCZ Modxstream 600W Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-LK HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda

*your hue

NONONONONONONONO, can you edit the title, I look misinformed!

EDIT: Fixed, thanks for the reply. So everyone know, I mad the title "You're" instead of "Your" at first, but _ASSASSIN_ helped me out

CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.5 Ghz Cooler: Hyper 212+ GPU: MSI Twin Frozr 3 7850 Case: HAF 912 RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: OCZ Modxstream 600W Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-LK HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda

I am actually intrigued by this product and I am actually thinking about getting it.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

NONONONONONONONO, can you edit the title, I look misinformed!

go into edit, then hit full editor to change the title ;) you can thank me later

I think if they keep it under $50 it will do extremely well. Considering it works as a fitness band thing ,which on their own cost more, and it has all the extra functionality. It's way more reasonable than a $300 galaxy gear for the average user and it does all I would need it to. I'm super excited for more information.

FX 6300 - MSI 7870 Ghz - M5A97 R2.0 - Team Vulcan 8GB - WD Caviar Blue 1TB - Rosewill HIVE 550w - NZXT Source 210 (white) - Loud Fans

Peripherals - Logitech G105 - Cobra mouse - Acer G236HL - Logitech desktop mic - Logitech LS21 - Audio Technica ATH-M30

Laptop - Acer Aspire V3 - A84500m - 7670m - 15.6" screen (1366x768) - 3.5GB DDR3  - 500GB Scorpio Blue

go into edit, then hit full editor to change the title ;) you can thank me later

Thanks, google came to the rescue just before you posted, but I appreciate it.

Niet. I don't like the idea.

Any reasons why?

Any reasons why?

I just don't like the idea of having a smartband. What's the point of having a tiny screen on a tiny band? I would prefer having a smartwatch with more functionality and a larger screen like the new pebble steel or a Neptune Pine, and in my opinion, the Razer Nabu doesn't even look that attractive and I'm not a fan of the plastic/rubbery texture.

I just don't like the idea of having a smartband. What's the point of having a tiny screen on a tiny band? I would prefer having a smartwatch with more functionality and a larger screen like the new pebble steel or a Neptune Pine, and in my opinion, the Razer Nabu doesn't even look that attractive and I'm not a fan of the plastic/rubbery texture.

I get where you coming from, and those are both great looking and highly useful products, just not the same price range. O get why the Nabu wouldn't be enough for you and others, and I guess that's why the Pebble and Neptune Pine are around.

I think the idea is nice, but I can't see that living with my pebble. If they made a smartwatch with the same features I would be interested, I just don't like the design. 

| CPU: AMD A8 | MOBO: MSI 7778 | GPU: Asus GTX 650Ti | Case: Corsair 200r |

| SSD: PNY 120gb | HHD: WD Blue 1tb | PSU: Cooler Master 750W |

| peripherals: Corsair Vengeance M65 & Razer Black Widow Ultimate |

I'm definitely interested. None of the smart watches have interested me because I do not want a screen on my wrist. I just have no need. But this looks unobtrusive, affordable and will keep track of my runs.

The way they market you using it wont happen.

The way they market you using it wont happen.

How so?

How so?

Everyone would have to have one to utilize any of the features that deal with more than one person, that or all of the bands not just razers would have to use the same standard.

it looks pretty neat however its not my style. But i do know about 3 people who are really interested in getting it when it comes out in q1-q2

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

Everyone would have to have one to utilize any of the features that deal with more than one person, that or all of the bands not just razers would have to use the same standard.

I'm not really interested in the multi-person use anyways. More the individual experience.

Useless imo. I could be eating my words in the future though... I don't like buying things when they're incomplete and this feels incomplete. The only time I buy an incomplete product is if it's relatively affordable and I'm satisfied with the current functionality because you never know when a mfg decides to ditch support. 

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)