Need a little help!

Ultraic

So I have 160$ and someone here on the facebook marketplace is selling this "broken" gaming laptop for 100 bucks.
So the laptop is a lenovo with what it seems I think to be a simple issue.
   It boots for 3 seconds, gets stuck in lenovo logo then turns off, then turns on again and repeats.

Seems it isn't worth it but here's the specs:
It's a Lenovo y410p.

It has a 4th generation Intel i7-4700MQ, (2.40GHz 1600MHz 6MB)

Nvidia GeForce GT 755M (2GB)

8GB DDR3L SDRAM

A 1TB 5400 RPM Hard Drive.
Good enough battery life.

And my favorite OS, Windows 8.1 (I don't like 7 and 10 and the rest. And anything apple.)

Do you think there's a way that I could be getting a good deal out of this if I can probably fix it for 60$?

Doesn't seem like a much daunting task but you guys are the awesomesauce so I really need opinion.
Thanks and have a good day!

Also! He sent a video of  what he said the problem looked like!
Here's the link! 

I removed your duplicate thread and moved this one into the Laptops and Pre-Built Systems subforum.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Ah man that could be a couple of things. Maybe bad power brick or battery, motherboard issue, or quickly overheating CPU just to name a few. You might get lucky and I could be an easy fix. It's up to you if you like to use your hands, tinker and have patience then go for it. Also if you can stand to lose 100 bucks. Check out ifixit.com as well.

He said that it broke after a BIOS update.
Does that minimize the problem a little more so I could know what I'm dealing with?

18 minutes ago, Ultraic said:

He said that it broke after a BIOS update.
Does that minimize the problem a little more so I could know what I'm dealing with?

not much... but maybe if you flash it again it does work because it has a corrupt bios.

If you can take a loss, it's a good risk to take

Can't really take a loss since I'm saving up for a lot of stuff right now so I guess I'll just not.
Thanks for everyone for the help!