I am looking at upgrading my gpu (gts 450) to a gtx 1050ti but am afraid of bottlenecking

19 minutes ago, RAM555789 said:

Assuming he has an i7 920 and not an It 8xx something your chip is still more powerful than his.

Its only slower in single threaded tasks by some margin, which can be easily improved. 

13 hours ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Uhu.. right, amd in general is quite a bit cheaper than their intel counterpart... also, AMD make damn good CPU’s nowadays. 

Cant speak for GPU’s as I’ve never used one from AMD. 

I don’t actually mind their cpu’s, I was referring to their GPU’s which i have one of (in a different computer) and it’s not held up very well compared the the nivida one that is also from the same time.

6 hours ago, filippalfi said:

Its only slower in single threaded tasks by some margin, which can be easily improved. 

Yeah i think it’s a 920 because it still handles big loads (and currently my gpu (the gts 450) bottlenecks the cpu)

8 hours ago, Quadriplegic said:

You mean the drivers? They are superior to Nvidia's, both in design and function.

RX 570 is cheaper than 1050 Ti, yet noticeably more powerful. The only scenario where 1050 Ti over RX 570 makes sense is if you try to build SFF system or use a bad PSU

I mean i am comparing two 8-9 year old drivers

35 minutes ago, Reuberg said:

Yeah i think it’s a 920 because it still handles big loads (and currently my gpu (the gts 450) bottlenecks the cpu)

1050Ti wont be bottlenecked by your CPU. You might even go RX570 if you have according PCIe power connectors considering its an old prebuilt. 

6 hours ago, filippalfi said:

1050Ti wont be bottlenecked by your CPU. You might even go RX570 if you have according PCIe power connectors considering its an old prebuilt. 

Yeah but the RX570 uses too much power for my psu

2 hours ago, Reuberg said:

Yeah but the RX570 uses too much power for my psu

WHAT PSU do you have?
PCIe Connector?

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

16 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

WHAT PSU do you have?
PCIe Connector?

300wat?

2 hours ago, Reuberg said:

300wat?

And??
How much Amp on 12V? 18 or 25A?

Manufacturer? Model?

How old (estimated)???

300W can be a HEC-300LR with like 12A on 12V, can be something more recent with up to 25A on 12V...

Need more Info.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

the 1050ti  if your stuck with slot power is the best card you can buy and its a damn good card overall.

any i7 is still good for gaming and everyday stuff but for anything requiring 4k or newer instruction sets its going to show its age along with the ram which should still be low speed ddr3. 

AMD needs to use their 7nm power savings to make a card for people who have prebuilt and also want performance a desktop 75watt HMB2 ram GPU would be amazing and make me buy a AMD card the new 7 is tempting if I had the money. the RX cards are showing their age and all they do really well is save you money if you have the power to feed them.