Stabilizer keys become stiff are keycap change

Special Agent 星雨

I've bought a Razer Blackwidow Elite (Razer "green" switches), and I am also aware that Razer uses non-standard bottom row key sizes, but that isn't the issue here.

My left shift, right shift, back space (minor exception), enter, enter (numpad) and plus sign (numpad) all become extremely stiff during the last 25%? Of a press, the first 75% feels perfectly normal, minimal resistance, but the last part feels extremely rugged and hard, I estimate 25% because the key still actuates just as the resistance kicks in.

I'm using this keycap set: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/PBT-Backlit-Keycaps-104-Keyset-Backlight-Key-Caps-For-Cherry-MX-Switches-Backlit-87-104-108Mechanical/32652958572.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.79584c4drU43Gs

My understanding is that if the inside of the keycap is too thick, it might cause issues with the plastic stabilizer insert? This is what it feels like so I may have answered my own question, but there's an exception - Backspace key. After changing this key's keycap, there is minimal increase in resistance, nowhere near the level of increase the other stabilizer keys experienced.

I really wanted to replace the left shift key because I know it will become worn down and "shiny" after a while because I mainly play FPS and we all know how important the shift key is.

What gives?

I'm no Special Agent myself, but my Dad was!

Ryzen 7 3700X

Lian Li Galahad 360mm White AIO

4 x 8GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB

Asus X570-E motherboard

KFA2 RTX 2080Ti SG

EVGA 850W P2 PSU

Samsung 970 Pro SSD, Crucial MX500 SSD, WD Blue HDD, WD Blue HDD, WD Green HDD, Silicon Power SSD.

All wrapped in a Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL case.